Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

What sad news. Tina Turnee passing away. I got one of her cds somewhere might put it on it on as tribute.

2 Likes

Extra tickets release for musical.

2 Likes

Nine has preempted tonight’s line-up to schedule the movie Tina

2 Likes

@Leo_Puglisi6 never change. You now own 1 Prue McSween, what are you going to do with her? :rofl:

7 Likes

@Leo_Puglisi6 He is the new Stan Zemancek with Beauty and the beast host next.

Melissa Caddick ruled dead

1 Like
3 Likes

She is in some ways a “rugby league great” without actually lacing on a football boot. The promotions featuring her songs in the mid to late 80s forever changed the way sport was advertised in this country.

5 Likes

Nine’s NRL telecast (Dolphins v Dragons) tonight began with a tribute to Tina Turner, including the screening of the Simply the Best ad.

However, there was no on-field tribute to the legendary singer before kickoff.

3 Likes

What were you expecting?

1 Like

When the news of Tina’s death broke this morning, many rugby league fans called on the NRL (via social media) to commemorate her contribution, e.g. a minute’s silence or play the Simply the Best ad at each match.

2 Likes

So you were expecting that to happen just because somrone on social media suggested it? I don’t understand why there would need to be a minute’s silence for a singer who was paid to promote the sport. I think the tribute she was given before the match and playing her promo was a perfect tribute.

5 Likes

Four Corners journalist Grace Tobin married Seven News Sydney reporter Tom Hartley last weekend.

2 Likes

There should be an honour at the NRL GF later this year

1 Like
2 Likes

2020 MasterChef winner Emelia Jackson (who appeared on the current season last week to set an elimination challenge) recently gave birth to her second child.

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like