Ultimate Tag

Seven should have reduced the nights that Holey Moley aired and then put this up a couple nights a week at the same time. It would have been better for both shows I feel. Holey Moley multiple nights a week was overkill and I am doubting that Ultimate Tag will fire on it’s own but it might have done OK the other nights for a similar audience.

Some good points about both Holey Moley and this show airing together as opposed to multiple nights of 90 minute duration.

Both shows kinda belong in the silly category so they would have a fairly similar audience. Both would’ve done really well towards the end of the year when Nine and 10 start to rely on fillers for the rest of the year.

The amount of promotion for this show at the moment should’ve been afforded to Big Brother which could’ve been at least competitive with Married at First Sight.

2 Likes

It might have a good chance if they put in it in the schedules as exactly what it appears to be: “Married at First Sight: Sacrifice”.

I’ guessing after this DWTS may show up so surely they’d have been better running Holey Moley on Sundays, DWTS on Mon/Tue and Ultimate Tag on Wed as a weekly schedule to compete with MAFS.

Starts Sunday March 7.

4 Likes

Will have to ban the show, touching someone to tag them , might catch COVID19 .

2 Likes

Don’t get caught missing Ultimate Tag

The games begin 7.00pm Sunday, 7 March

The fastest game on the planet is almost here. The Seven Network today confirmed Ultimate Tag will premiere 7.00pm Sunday, 7 March.

If you think you know the game of tag, think again – Ultimate Tag turns the childhood game into a turbocharged tournament between Players and Pro Taggers. Players must run, spin, dodge, tumble and dive their way through huge obstacle courses with the simple goal: Don’t. Get. Caught!

The elite Pro Taggers, whose job it is to stop the Players at every turn, are the fittest, fastest and fiercest athletes in Australia. With backgrounds including world champions, parkour icons, sprinters, gymnasts and martial arts professionals, these superheroes are set to amaze with their masterful strategy and skill, stopping at nothing to claim their tag.

The Players, everyday Aussies from all walks of life, must avoid being tagged at all cost, leading to thrills, spills and awe-inspiring skills.

Ultimate Tag host, Matt Shirvington (7NEWS, Holey Moley ), said: “I’m so excited to introduce Australia to these extraordinary Players and Pro Taggers. I’ve been lucky enough to line up against some of the best athletes in the world and our Pro Taggers are on the same elite level. Their mind-blowing feats of athleticism, lighting fast pace and strategic skill will keep you on the edge of your seat and yes they’ll even be wearing lycra, thank god it’s them and not me.”

Ultimate Tag host, Abbey Gelmi (7SPORT), added: “It’s finally here! I cannot wait for everyone to fall in love with this show like I have. Expect high-octane thrills, big characters and even bigger courses. Ultimate Tag is like nothing you’ve ever

2 Likes

Any indication yet for how many nights a week they’ll air the show?

1 Like

Hopefully no more than 2 if they want the show to be even remotely successful.

1 Like

The promo says Sun/Mon/Tue.

2 Likes

Well this show is dead then.

90 minute duration will be the icing on Nine and 10’s cake.

7 Likes

Everyone has a made up nickname. Why? They should just bring back The Roller Game.

2 Likes

And encourage people to buy cheese fondue sets. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Check the last frame of promos - Sun, Mon, and Tuesday unfortunately (for viewers) - at least it cuts down on the FTA’s for the next schedule.

3 Likes

Three nights a week for Tag? Didnt Seven learn with Holey Moley that three nights a week is too much? And once you had the encores each week, it will be a marathon! lol.

7 Likes

I think this will flop badly just like Holey Moley

4 Likes

100% agree. Are Seven still blinded by their arrogance or will they wake up and realise they aren’t winning ratings anymore. I would watch this show if it was a tidy half-hour but several hours each week is just ridiculous.

4 Likes

They showed the World Tag Championships here in the UK which looked brilliant in the trailer (far better than this does), but when you watched the actual show you realised it was just people chasing each other - and once you’d seen it once you’d seen it a hundred times.

I think like Holey Moley this is something which would be far more fun to take part in than to watch.

2 Likes

It’s a once a week show, at best and should not be following straight after Holey Moley. It’s scheduling has disaster written all over it. Next.

10 Likes

The Bachelor/ette is successful for just the same reason though…

6 Likes

Labour Day Weekend has been renowned for low ratings on the Sunday. Surprised they didn’t launch Monday night.