Ultimate Tag

I actually like the idea of this show. Not sure why but I am interested to see what it is like. Q1 has been a snooze so far.

1 Like

It’s a novelty show - it’ll likely rate alright for one season but if they produce a second, that will bomb.

3 Likes

C4 recently aired the World Tag Championships here in the UK - it’s the sort of thing which looks really cool in a promo or viral video clip, but the reality is that an hour of it is quite tedious.

New promo featuring some of the contestants was shown during Seven’s coverage of the BBL final tonight.

The longer they last. The further they’ll go

:flushed:

Jesus

1 Like

It’s secret past versus secret weapon on Ultimate Tag

Who will come out on top of the ultimate athlete showdown?

There’s an epic showdown brewing in the Ultimate Tag arena, but who will take home glory? The caretaker with a hidden past, or Supernova, the world-champion Pro Tagger with a secret weapon up her sleeve?

Ultimate Tag turns the universally loved game we grew up playing on its head, with a blockbuster tournament between Players and Pro Taggers. When the players are let loose into our massive obstacle course they have one simple goal: Don’t. Get. Caught.

Caretaker Rebecca is putting herself up to the challenge for someone special. “I’ve been working with a little girl by the name of Issy, she’s got cerebral palsy. I’ve been helping her with her therapy for two or three years now. She is the most incredible girl.” says Rebecca.

Pro Tagger Supernova, on the other hand, is ready and waiting to bring her out of this world talent to the course, confident her experience as an elite artistic gymnast will be her secret weapon.

Supernova has represented Australia for over 10 years internationally and, since beginning gymnastics at six-years-old, has been on three World Championship teams and held the Australian Beam Champion title for the past five years. The only problem is, Supernova doesn’t know she’s not the only elite athlete in the arena.

Rebecca is a world-class Australian track athlete who qualified for Tokyo 2020 Australian Women’s 4x400m relay, as well as a former skipping champion who attended two Junior Olympics but stepped away in Year 12 to concentrate on her studies. How will Supernova react when Rebecca’s hidden background is revealed, and who will prove themselves to be the fastest?

Hosts Abbey Gelmi and Matt Shirvington will cover all the explosive action and physical family fun as we find Australia’s Ultimate Tag Champions.

1 Like

I really liked the concept but those promos are really don’t grabbing me.

1 Like

I can’t find her name on the official Australian Olympic Team list.

2 Likes

Tanila’s banking on Ultimate Tag glory - Can a bank manager outrun a superhero?

Tanila is a bank manager on a mission: to prove that David can beat Goliath. But is his mouth writing cheques his body can’t cash in the Ultimate Tag arena?

He’ll find out fast as he takes on some of the fiercest Pro Taggers in the game, including Hammer and The Bulldog. Real-life superhero, Hammer, has an incredible wingspan of nearly two metres, while The Bulldog’s bark is just as bad as his bite.

This bank manager must count on every skill in his reserve to take on his biggest challenge yet.

Ultimate Tag takes the playground game we know and love to a whole new level - a blockbuster tournament in outrageous arenas between everyday Aussies and blisteringly fast pros. The goal? Just don’t get caught.

Will Tanila’s number be up, or will he manage to evade the Pro Taggers and stay on course for a windfall of $100,000?

1 Like
1 Like

Feels like a show which would normally be tagged onto the end of year schedules than part of the Q1 line up. Wonder if they’re just sacrificing it up against MAFS. It’s only purpose will surely be to make Holey Moley look successful.

3 Likes

I think this will tank worse than Holey Money

5 Likes

Single mum vaults into the arena - Ex-gymnast takes on a superhero with a parallel past

Single mum Michelle is entering the Ultimate Tag arena to inspire her children and show them anything is possible.

As a teenager, Michelle held a scholarship at the Australian Institute of Sport in gymnastics, where she had her sights set on the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games. When chronic fatigue crushed her immune system and her dreams, Michelle drifted away from sport.

Despite adversity, Michelle’s yet to wave her white flag, getting back on the (pommel) horse to prove that no challenge is too great, not even the Ultimate Tag arena!

Of course it’s not called gym- nice- tics for a reason, which Pro Tagger Supernova knows all too well, having represented Australia for over 10 years internationally. Since beginning gymnastics at six-years-old, Supernova has been in three World Championship teams and held the Australian Beam Champion title for the past five years.

Michelle will certainly have to bend over backwards to avoid the superhero with a similar past.

1 Like

1 Like

Ultimate Tag’s almost here

It’s the playground favourite, supercharged; Everyone has a memory playing tag. Very few remember it quite like this.

Welcome to the Ultimate Tag arena: where high-octane thrills, spills and physically spectacular feats guaranteed to give you chills are par for the course. This is a game that takes the universally loved game we grew up with and flips it, and often its competitors, on their heads.

Australians from all walks of life are set to put the pedal to the mettle, stepping up to the challenge against superhero Pro Taggers, who include some of the world’s most renowned parkour stars, sports champions, sprinters, gymnasts and martial arts pros determined to give whatever it takes to win.

The world’s fastest game takes place across six Heats, three Semi Finals and one epic Grand Final, and promises to be like nothing you’ve ever seen before.

Players must run, spin, dodge, tumble and dive their way around huge obstacle courses in the Ultimate Tag arena, with every course and run getting more intense and challenging. The courses – Survival Tag, Gravity Tag, Revenge Tag, The Wall, Stealth Tag, Dodge Tag, The Alley and The Vortex – are all designed to push Pro Taggers and Players to their absolute limits.

The last standing male and female Player will take home a life-changing $100,000 prize money as well as the title of Australia’s first Ultimate Tag Champion.

Will anyone have what it takes to reign supreme in this supercharged contest? Find out more in the attached media kit.

Anchoring the series are hosts Matt Shirvington and Abbey Gelmi along with commentator Bill Woods, who will follow all the explosive action in the arena.

2 Likes

22 taggers? I can’t remember Gladiators (which had two stints on Seven) had that many pros.

It will be interesting to see if Seven shows Ultimate Tag over three weeks (3 episodes per week plus grand final) or five weeks (two episodes per week).

1 Like

Given what just happened with Holey Moley, you’d like to think they aren’t planning to air this multiple nights per week.

2 Likes

Bill Woods returns:

3 Likes

This show reminds me of Gladiators from 13 years ago on Seven, remember the big marketing campaign for that. Used to have the poster from the Sunday Sun on a wall for years for some reason (embarrasing).

Discovering later from 10’s 2011 revamp of TBL that Tiffany was one of them!

1 Like

Pretty sure Bill Woods is a mate or well liked by Warburton, but that’s life haha. He’s certainly experienced and I’m sure he’ll do alright as a commentator.

1 Like