TV Week

I see that someone is leaving H and A - opportunities for more covers on possible return.

I didn’t realise that DWTS only had contestants that came from H & A. lol.

“Roo’s Sad Farewell” - currently on the bottom left of the mag. Which means that a cover of “why i had to come back” is in the works in coming weeks :stuck_out_tongue:

Georgie Parker is taking part in a stage play, so she will be absent from Home and Away for a few months.

1 Like

There you go. I wasn’t aware that she’ll be absent to do a play.

Georgie has been on the cover quite a few times over the years. I wonder if the “why i had to leave” headline will make an appearance anytime soon.

For a brief second I thought it was Chloe from Neighbours on the cover !

Obviously putting anything H&A related on the cover helps sell magazines, but gee, enough is enough. Also what about including other DWTS contestants on the cover?? The show isn’t all about Emily.

3 Likes

Exactly how far up H&A’s butt is TV Week?

2 Likes

I don’t care they only have one contestant on the cover, there is a whole series coming up so i get they may want to spread it out a bit. But to default to the H&A star on week one is to be expected :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t watch the show so I didn’t even recognise the name. I’d say she really isn’t known by anyone who isn’t a fan of the show.

I think it would have been smarter to have three stars on the cover to grab the attention of more readers. There are bigger stars in the show who readers would be interested in. Then later, they could do other covers with some of the contestants who do well.

1 Like

It’s so typical. I want to vomit.

Alex Williams in a shot from the miniseries Warnie on the cover this week. Could have used one of the posed shots in the article which would have made a better cover.

1 Like

Or even lead with the TV WEEK Logie Award nominees that were announced this morning

3 Likes

Wow. This is a first, i think. That the Logies Nominees arenr on the cover.

But if they were on the cover of the mag that came out this morning, it would have spoiled the reveal party. That could have put Sam on the cover though.

3 Likes

There’s a strip of their photos along the bottom.

I would have at least gone with the photo of Sam Pang in the tuxedo as the host of the awards on the cover, which also appears inside the mag. Also, some diversity in cover subjects would certainly be good.

3 Likes

I don’t know that it’s a first and while I can understand a level of secrecy is required, given the magazine was printed last week, surely they can give the nominations or at least a teaser a prominent front page in some way.

3 Likes

As I mentioned, all six are on the cover but they are small photos running across the bottom of the page above GOLD LOGIE NOMINEES REVEALED. But considering TV Week invests so much into these awards, you certainly think they would have done more to promote them.

It’s the same with the issue after the Logie Awards. That used to be the big issue of the year where they would feature the winner on the cover but the last couple of years they didn’t bother doing that. Madness.

There are 12 pages in the mag with all the nominees and an interview with Sam Pang and 1 more page if you include the editor’s column.

3 Likes

There you go. I just assumed that there was no mention of the Logies Nominees at all in this issue. Glad there are 12 pages inside and a small photo on the cover.

This then has been the norm in recent years.

However, the Logies special is towards the back half of the issue, while the Warnie feature is on page 4 to 7.

This is standard for TV Week these days. Most of the front of the mag is devoted to “What To Watch” in the following week and any other interviews or cover stories are found in the back half.

2 Likes