TV History - Questions

Wikipedia says that Perth didn’t get ANHV back in 1992.

cite Wikipedia with caution :wink:

4 Likes

Does anyone know what year digital pay TV started?

1 Like

The satellite Pay TV services have always been digital since day one. Foxtel Digital didn’t launch until February 2004 from memory and that was when the digital signals were put onto the cable service for the first time.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Troy Van Heer, I’m 26 years-old and I have Cerebral Palsy. One of my favourite pastimes is to record all of my favourite TV shows and watch them back, but none more so than What’s Good For You! The show was on from 2006 until 2009 for one hour once a week, but Channel 9 no longer own the rights to the show and the distributor has gone out-of-business.

I have very fond memories of recording the show, but I am also bitterly disappointed by the number of episodes that I’ve missed and I have been trying to track down the complete series for years and years and I always become frustrated when I’m unable to find it. I don’t have the words to express how much it would mean to me if you could help track down the show. I don’t even care if it’s on video tapes that someone has recorded, as long as I have the complete series. I have series 1, but I need the others. I’M WILLING TO PAY!

I have contacted Channel 9 about this in the past and I feel like nobody cares and I have been brushed aside, People always seem to favour dealing with the modern content rather than the old things. Please help me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, thank you for your assistance in advance and I look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,

Troy

13 Likes

Yeah, it’s frustrating when you want a show and you can’t get it. Fingers crossed you can find it. :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Interesting quest!! Hope it turns out well!

Who’s the distributor that has gone out of business? Have you tired contacting Beyond, which produced the show?

https://www.beyond.com.au/contact/

7 Likes

Why would some tv channels play the national anthem when they signed off for the night?

I believe the tradition originated in the UK theatre, where performances always ended with “God Save the King” as a gesture of loyalty to country.

3 Likes

Happend here in pub with advance Australia fair

Beyond International was acquired by Banijay in October 2022, ceased trading on the ASX on January 3, 2023, and formally merged at the end of February 2023. the company is now folded into Banijay’s own distribution and sales arm, Banijay Rights. @troysuperstar38 may want to contact Banijay Rights and see if they can help.

2 Likes

I would suggest all tv stations in Australia played the National Anthem when they signed off (and on)
Still happens in some places:

1 Like

Beyond still exists and operates within Banijay. They’re not completely gone.

2 Likes

Until they get combined with Screentime - IIRC, Banijay brought it through them.

1 Like

Did Prime Media Group really own radio stations?

Yes - in Regional Queensland (Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Gladstone & the Sunshine Coast)

1 Like

When did SCA launch the major and datacast channels in all areas?

Why did Win continue to use its channel 9 style intros after it became a 10 affiliate? And why did channel 9 let them?

Why would Nine not let them use knockoffs?

What I meant was that they looked very close to 9 News, but without the globe:
Win News
Nine News

1 Like