TV History - Questions

probably because it was cheaper – that’s what drives most decisions in TV land, especially in regional TV.

Don’t know. Maybe WIN paid licencing to use the music at least?

2 Likes

Dear everyone, does some of you know exactly when 9HD launched in GDS/BDN areas?

I did improve the Southern Cross Austereo and GTS/BKN Wikipedia articles yesterday, that is why I am asking this question.

Yours sincerely, Bas

I tried digging around older posts on this site for an answer. @Abesty posted images of the scrolls that appeared on Seven and Ten following the switch, but not the ones that appeared on Nine. I guess they went back to Canberra before that happened.

1 Like

Good Evening, Watching old Tv Idents of major Tv Stations here in Australia

In regarding BTQ-7 ident, I know they have the Love you Brisbane ident in the 80;s that was popular but how long did the It’s Happening Here Promo of the Love You Brisbane start and finish?. I have it pinned down to 1987 but did it contiune to the Start of Expo(Which is why the “Its happening here” Promo was about). Did it start in 1986 or was it just 1987 promo?

Thanks

3 Likes

AFAIK Love You Brisbane was still running at the start of 1987.

It was merged into the It’s Happening Here - as it was included at the end of the idents.

For 1988 it was Let’s celebrate '88.

It’s Happening Here and Love You Brisbane in the one ident:

3 Likes

I’ve got a fairly odd request for perhaps information or anything regarding the ‘scenery loop’ ad break fillers that were present on several SCA channels on VAST (as I remember it) circa 2013 perhaps, with some funky music behind. I’m mainly looking for the source of this music, and perhaps footage of these fillers.

Only luck I’ve had so far is this clip uploaded to YouTube; It’s an exact match for the fillers I remember.

4 Likes

I don’t know anything about the source of the music, but I did find another video from 2013 and a long audio file as well:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/926h1r6f14gx9em/SCTV%20Loop%20Music%202.wma?dl=1

1 Like

The audio file is a strange one, I have recorded a similar clip from another channel on VAST; perhaps the standby audio for the regional news channels if I recall correctly. There are a bunch more tracks that I haven’t uncovered yet. I’ve started combing through the Universal Production Music library, as the VAST information channel clip yields a positive ID for a track in there.

Some of these are so tantalisingly close…

2 Likes

I got a YouTube content match on the video I just uploaded above…

3 Likes

Wow. I’ve been looking for this for so long. That last ID was the biggest help. Found a browser at https://www.cssmusic.com/DAWN/, Volume 4 of the Max Trax library is the first match. “New wave-new age” is one i’ve heard in the fillers.

Thanks for your help in tying off this ridiculous search!

5 Likes

Does anyone know when Joyce Mayne aired its last ad with the real Joyce Mayne before her passing?

Some time in the early 90s IIRC.

When does SBN’s deal with SCA and TVSN’s deal with WIN, expire? If this happens will SCA replace SBN with various other channels, including 10 Shake, 7Bravo, or TVSN, depending on the area? WIN would continue the TVSN deal only for their 10-affiliated stations, and they would put Extra on their Nine-affiliated stations.

1 Like

Doubt either would replace either. SBN and TVSN make the broadcasters money, another multichannel from the network would cost them money.
Extra probably wouldn’t appear in WIN unless they arrange some revenue sharing from that, and since WIN already has TVSN and Gold there’s probably no need to go through that.

3 Likes

Speaking of SBN, did that channel broadcast into Northern NSW via NRN, until the play out change to MediaHub?

1 Like

No, Northern NSW never had SBN.

1 Like

But @Radiohead, LCN 54 on Ten Northern NSW was branded as SBN, according to this post on the Ten (Southern Cross) thread by @TV-Expert on 25 January 2019.

2 Likes

Can confirm, Ten NNSW never had SBN

1 Like

I think that list must have been incorrect.

1 Like

Sonlife launched on the SCA stations in July 2017; WIN would’ve already had control of NRN by then (they finalised that in late May), although not of the playout at that point which took until September (hence the question in the other thread).

2 Likes