TV History - Questions

ā€œWIN Television are currently airing repeats of Goodsports at 3.30pm weekdaysā€

Clearly that Wikipedia page hasnā€™t been updated since about 2007.

And no mention of how it was shown nationally on the Nine Network? I was very young back in the Late 1990s & Early 2000s so any memories of TV during that time are rather hazy now, but Iā€™m sure I remember seeing the Opening Titles (the theme music in particular) at 9.30am weekdays after Hereā€™s Humphrey!

2 Likes

It aired overseas as wellā€¦recall seeing it on TSN in Canada.

1 Like

Surprised WIN didnā€™t crow about it being shown overseas. :joy:

1 Like

Probably a better thread for this question to be asked in.

Although Iā€™d personally wonder whether it was Wheel of Fortune or MASH repeats that was airing on Seven during the 5pm timeslot in mid-2004.

I would have thought that Steve Oemckeā€™s tenure at Wheel of Fortune saw ratings dip dramatically. It might be the case with previous host, Rob Elliott, who was axed from The Seven Network and replaced with Steve Oemcke, who struggled a lot. For me, I think he was a dreadful host - forgets the number values, the letters in the puzzle.

When did TVW7 start their ā€œweā€™re with youā€ campaign? 1982? 1983?

Does anyone remember when Ten played clips of an imported show as an ā€œsneak peakā€? I can recall some of the Glee ones clearly (ā€œJessieā€™s Girlā€ and a dance sentence for ā€œBarbra Streisandā€)ā€¦

They also did this for some of their Australian shows:

1 Like

Like this from 2009? They played a whole song from Glee.

3 Likes

I do remember a time in 2011 when Ten would often do a whole Glee song between The 7pm Project and the start of The Biggest Loser/Masterchef. IIRC they never did it on Fridays for some reason.

1 Like

This is probably the wrong thread for this but anyway. Does anyone know where I can find any copies of family feud 1991? I only found out the other day that one of the episodes has my family in it. It would be good to track down. Iā€™m not sure what the episode would be.
Thanks

2 Likes

Not sure digging out a clip from a celebrity episode is overly helpful for Jack.

Perhaps contacting Fremantle or Seven would be a good start. You never know your luck.

3 Likes

Donā€™t think they were in the celebrity one :joy:

3 Likes

Does anyone have merch given away during this Channel GO! promotion?

1 Like

Sadly, I actually remember watching this Live on TV

Making me feel old now

1 Like

Anyone own any footage from Page One/Public Eye. I would love to see how this show stacked up against 60 Mins. The talent they had Masters, Lee, Oā€™Brien, Mckew, Singer, George, Brad Robinson. Was the final product good?!

Was this used around the start of the ā€˜Seven Revolutionā€™?

24%20pm

1 Like

Weā€™ve seen any number successful of 90s sitcoms repeated on free to air in recent years, Seinfeld and Friends the most notable of them, but one Iā€™ve never seen repeated is ā€œHome Improvementā€ (with Tim Allen).

I thought that was a great show, does anyone know why itā€™s never been on repeats?

1 Like