TV Commercials

From the information I’ve received from @SEQTelevision, TV commercials for the Sydney Royal Easter Show are airing on NBN/Nine Central Coast.

Presumably they’re also still airing on TV in Newcastle & Wollongong (it really goes without saying that they air in Sydney)? IIRC, regional TV markets outside of the CityRail/Sydney Trains network get an “Easter In Sydney” ad promoting travel to Sydney for the Show on CountryLink/NSW Trains…or at least that was the case for the NSW North Coast when I was watching TV there in March 2013.

2 Likes

Some old ads for the Sydney Morning Herald from the 90s-2000s

2 Likes

During an ad break for tonight’s Better Homes and Gardens on Seven Melbourne, a commercial for Pharmacy 4 Less came on air. However the end of the clip showed the locations of Sydney branches when it should have been showing the locations in Melbourne.

I’ve also seen them on Canberra television.

1 Like

Apparently, the same error happened in Brisbane last night:
https://twitter.com/LYBASkw/status/971667842255880192

1 Like

Does anyone have a recording of the Dawson’s Removal jingle?

Does anyone remember a TV ad for some kind of anti-chafing product, around 2002-2006?

I remember specifically a set of dodgy looking assorted CGI body parts, all with crying.eyes animated on them. I specifically remember a crying pair of buttocks which I found absolutely rolling-on-the-floor hilarious at the time.

It also had a jingle that went along the lines of “do you have to suffer and cry…something?”

4 Likes

Here it is:

5 Likes

do you suffer from chafing of the thighs breasts or buttocks?

6 Likes

Oh My :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I do remember that ad back in my younger days, didn’t that air recently? Oh wait…

2 Likes

In Gippsland, Prime seems to air that ad near the end of every single break (especially during summer…I now associate the earlier version of the ad with my summers spent in East Gippsland)

1 Like

That’s definitely it, but I think I remember an earlier version of the ad where the arse was without undies and the animation was a bit more crude.

1 Like

Ripped this from a VHS I was looking at today. May be use to you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, you are a life saver! Many great memories as a kid, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometime between 6:45 & 7pm, I saw Ten Sydney running an ad for Spotlight, specifically advertising the grand opening of its new Tuggerah store on the Central Coast. At the end of the ad, it mentions that specials are also available at its Newcastle, Rutherford & West Gosford stores.

I know that the Central Coast is within the Sydney TV market area, but up until then, I have never seen an ad on any Sydney commercial channels where a grand opening of a store has the Central Coast as the “main star” as opposed to somewhere within the Sydney metropolitan area.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the above ad also aired on the Newcastle/Central Coast commercial channels.

1 Like

I noticed that. I thought it was strange and assumed they ran the wrong ad for the region.

Can’t be, WIN runs the Central Coast feed.

Which is really the Newcastle feed, as WIN doesn’t have a separate feed for the Central Coast, since it’s only retransmitted from the 1 site (out of 3) at Forresters Beach (Wyong). Prime7 & Nine-NBN do have separate feeds for the Central Coast, although I understand for the former that it’s also identical to the Newcastle feed, in which they run the same ads but in a different order.

1 Like

This has to be either the cringiest or worst Advertisement in the world

2 Likes