Triple M Network

I reckon the snowflakes were around in Mulray’s time. Its just that they were too busy laughing to be offended.

2 Likes

Is there going to be a different millionaire listener in every city? So they’re actually giving away $4 million (2MMM, 3MMM, 4MMM, 5MMM). Assuming the promotion is in all 4 cities?

I believe there are 3 x $1,000,000, one in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

Each state will have 100 album covers and the contestant will get to choose one. 99 of the album covers have $10,000, the other will have the million.

1 Like

And one for Adelaide as well (there is a seperate Terms and Conditions document for Adelaide for some reason)

1 Like

Include mix in Perth as well promo starts Monday

1 Like

Chances are they’ll only have to fork out $50,000.

They have probably taken out insurance to cover the possibility of paying out up to $5 million.

KiisFM have a similar promotion at the moment where one person could win $5 million, but this promotion is national rather than state based. And they have 200 envelopes, instead of the 100 Triple M has, and some of these 200 envelopes are hidden, or ‘concealed’ as they call it. I believe the contestant has a certain amount of time to find all of the envelopes, and then they’re offered a ‘bribe’ that would see them take money rather than opening an envelope.

1 Like

And Nova have a Million Dollar Song competition.

Ahhhhh…so 99 of the album covers would have only $10 000. That’s still a good prize. You could choose between:

• A 2014 Toyota Corolla
  • The latest Sony Smart TV and sound system
  • One month luxury holiday in Bali
  • Four radio stations (all three MSR licences and 2SM)
2 Likes

Nova’s promotion is a 1 in 100 chance too, nationally. Prizes are from $25,000 up to the $1m.

1 Like

So they might not need even have to give away $1m? Bit of a cop out. Huge on-air buildup the last 4-5 weeks and it could fizzle.

How is this a good move? Next time around, listeners will always remember this promotion and remember they didn’t actually give away $1m the last time. On 3MMM, the underdog brick layer from Montmorency is great story and great PR for weeks if he actually wins.

1 Like

oh mate you are soooo naive.

This is how these competitions WORK.

3 Likes

Yes, just like Millionaire Hot Seat on Channel Nine, been on air for nearly 10 years, and has NEVER given away the top prize yet.

The $1 Million did go off on Hot Seat back in August 2016, but that’s the only time (so far) it’s happened.

1 Like

They’re insured just in case someone does win. They talk about people having a ‘chance’ to win $1m, not that they ‘will’ win $1m. The promotions by Triple M and Nova seem to be standard but the Kiis one seems a bit wrong IMO. I mean not only do they have a 1 in 200 chance to win, they also have to find all the envelopes in a certain amount of time.

BTW, and nothing to do with radio promotions, but if you’re ever in a reverse draw you’re the first one drawn then unless they’ve already drawn the winners, you’ve actually won the prize. I know of two footy clubs who’ve had to give out two main prizes because they failed to draw the winning prize first.

1 Like

Well 3MMM didn’t go off. What about 2MMM and 4MMM - were they on this morning too?

2MMM, 4MMM and 5MMM didnt go off either

Did they all get the $10,000 or was there a higher amount on offer?

I thought the guy in Melbourne may have been given something extra because he was such a good bloke but perhaps they couldn’t do it because the other states may have to do it too.

Brisbane MMM definitely got the $10000.

1 Like

DSL returns to mix tomorrow Barra,lachy,Tania :+1: