Triple M Network

i’m not a fan of Modern Digital with 80’s music added, It Ruins the Moderness.

What’s the Website?

Big Mistake for adding 1980’s Songs, There more Greatest Hits than Modern.

yeah I just wanna hear the story of someone bringing a lemon to a knife fight on repeat as well as Amy Shark saying hi and wishing us well.

5 Likes

Do they play Youngblood by 5 Secomds of Summer or do they dismiss that type of rock music?

Sorry I can’t hear you over the drop of K.Flay’s “High Enough”

This is not a question about your taste in music versus mine. Some of us listen for an hour or two a day and what you described is what the Modern Digital station was positioned as since day one.

Now in my car I am hearing The Cult, Simple Minds, and Johnny Cash interspersed between ads and one or two modern indie tracks. There is no shortage of that other stuff on the main Triple M station if I want to listen to pub rock and what is considered to be good 80s alternative - and that’s why I have never been a Triple M listener.

The station exposed me to tracks from artists I hadn’t listened to in years but also allowed me to escape from the barrage of urban/hip hop that has inflicted Triple J. Now i’m flicking all over the place because it’s just not consistently a good listening experience for me.

Don’t you DARE attack the wombats like that in MY presence.

1 Like

[quote=“matlock, post:1263, topic:95, full:true”]
Don’t you DARE attack the wombats like that in MY presence.
[/quote

I aint attacking, I fkn love that song. CERTIFIED TUNE.

you got me good.

I’m not saying that at all, I’m actually agreeing with your whole point lmao

I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a serious reply to a shitpost. mr dave cameron I don’t feel so well.

I did question whether you were being a smartass or agreed with me. But it allowed me to vent some more so that’s fine.

Today I heard Ed Sheeran’s Bloodstream get a play which is completely off kilter, not even in the 80s sense. What on earth are they doing!?

Wasn’t MIX 94.5 in Perth meant to be rebranded to Triple M at some point?

Sensible move to not re-brand it, but I recall reading that they were pretty set in moving all stations to HIT or Triple M.

2 Likes

Only a rumour but more national programs are know on mix then ever before

4MMM is looking for a new Operations Manager/Floating Announcer: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/jobs/triple-m-brisbane-announceroperations

2 Likes

Nine News reporter Seb Costello has returned to Melbourne after his stint as European correspondent, and will host Winter Breakfast on Triple M Melbourne for two weeks from next Monday (July 2) alongside Lehmo and former AFL coach Paul Roos. Seb will then re-join The Hot Breakfast as news reporter when the show resumes after the winter break on July 16.

Lehmo will be very busy in the next fortnight. His Triple M stint will be the first breakfast show since he and Jo Stanley were sacked by ARN from the Gold FM breakfast late last year. Lehmo will continue to host AFL Grandstand on ABC Local Radio on Saturday and Sunday from midday AEST.

1 Like

I’ve been interested in why Lehmo has been allowed to do both Triple M and ABC Grandstand since the start of the year. While up until this point hasn’t technically hosted a show on Triple M (until now), he has had regular spots on a number of shows this year including Kennedy Molloy, Hot Breakfast and some 5MMM shows I think too.

1 Like

Because it’s very difficult to justify exclusive contracts if they don’t involve full time work or equivalent pay. The same reason Hamish and Andy are allowed to work wherever they want this year despite being still contracted to SCA for their podcast.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, over in Perth, former 96fm breakfast presenter Brad “Fitzy” Fitzgerald, is filling in for Pete Curulli on Mix 94.5 for the next 2 weeks, in which he joins Lisa for Winter Breakfast, filling in for Clairsy, Matt & Kymba.

More: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/brad-fitzy-fitzgerald-replaces-pete-curulli-perths-mix945

No Utopia to film to add to his schedule?

So who is leaving, why and where to?

Good to see he’s kept his options open.

Survey break and Triple M is joining MRN for the title of most miserable funding to programming.

Sounds like MMM metro stations are running networked dayshifts during survey break with a countdown for programming tactic.

Right down the bottom of the radio respect bucket with MRN’s networking of MSR over 882, 954 and 1278 or the near simulcasting of 873 programming onto 1116.

1 Like