Triple M Network

Thanks Nick Atnights :+1:

5 Likes

Triple M Hobart also had its very own Dangerous Dave on mornings during the period we got the ‘other’ Dangerous Dave during Kennedy/Molloy on drive.

4 Likes

Would you believe it’s Nic Katnights?

My mum is Dutch and my dad’s a vet.

5 Likes

I already do, I’m cranky and you all know I am cranky about bad media (plenty of it).

Great question @nickatnights, enjoying the responses, especially from the eponymously titled workplace hazard @DaveWilliams

4 Likes

After 30 years broadcasting on the NSW Mid North Coast for 2MC FM (now known as Triple M Mid North Coast), Mark “Strawny” Strachan has now retired from the breakfast timeslot.

His son, Alex Strachan will be taking over the breakfast shift from January 16, 2023.

3 Likes

Nepo-baby at Triple M?

6 Likes

That’s what I thought too. I even had the audacity to even mention it on a Facebook radio group and was roundly blasted by the groups admin.

6 Likes

Triple M Sydney promoting Mick & MG starting on Jan 16th during the cricket - are other stations returning then too?

4 Likes

Marty is back then too

3 Likes

The 2MMM website is in need of an update. It still mentions the previous breakfast show.

3 Likes

SCA now has pre-roll ads on its live radio streams. That now leaves just Capital Radio Network and Rebel Media as the only commercial radio networks that don’t have them.

4 Likes

Yep.
Triple M Central Coast have Paddy and Rob Palmer returning on the same day.

1 Like

That’s a good way to kill it off.

4 Likes

Yes, Very frustrating to hear ads over the top of a broadcast that includes ads. Its a big turnoff.

4 Likes

Any time I’m using their LISTNR app, some ads get cutoff with another ad. I find this annoying to listen to. Does this happen to anyone else who uses the LISTNR app?

2 Likes

I think every network is doing that now. For some reason they want to inflict different ads on listeners using the app over those lidtening to the radio. Maybe they think they’re targeting a different demographic but it’s really weird to me. I find those ads are less relevant to me.

When I am working, I listen to Nova online. Because my company has it’s head office in Melbourne and I log in remotely, any website i visit thinks I’m in Victoria. So while I’m listening to Nova, i get all these Victorian government ads and businesses from Melbourne being advertised to me over the top of the Sydney 96.9 ads. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Hyper-targeted based on location/demographics, I think.

1 Like

iHeart Radio does this too, for example while listening to say Cruise 1323 online from Melbourne I get Melbourne ads instead of the Adelaide ads on the original broadcast.

2 Likes

I wish they also did this with news, weather and traffic. Then I could listen to Triple M Perth’s great playlist and think it’s a local station over here in east.

I’ve definitely noticed listening to a metro Triple M station in an area that has a local regional SCA station (Hit or Triple M), then you’re more likely to get local regional ads inserted. It’s added value for regional advertisers who get some guaranteed exposure even to listeners who might prefer to listen to a metro station or one of the many Listnr, MMM or Hit digital stations.

3 Likes

They’ll get there eventually. But they’ve really got to improve the execution of the ads now and the repetitveness can be annoying. Channel surfing Nova stations just frustrates me. They have to come up with some way to avoid the repetitiveness.

2 Likes