Triple M Network

Triple Your Formats

3 Likes

Awesome song :sunglasses: Power 100 played it last time I was up there. This is one song Ive never heard Rebel play. Hint hint

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Did They Really Just Play That?

Had anybody heard Triple M are dropping Hard n heavy from DAB? For me personally no loss. Just read dropping it from November 1st

3 Likes

No havenā€™t heard thatā€¦ I wonder what will replace itā€¦ personally Iā€™d prefer to see those bits be reallocated to other MMM DAB stations to improve sound.

4 Likes

Maybe thereā€™s something more specific about Hard and Heavy - but I keep hearing the trail end of the ads for the Triple M app shutting down and forcing people over to their new app - so if youā€™re hearing ā€œshutting downā€ on Hard and Heavy it could be just that.

As Iā€™ve mentioned previously, Hard and Heavy is such a missed opportunity with how they insist on throwing in oldies that just donā€™t fit the tone of the modern music it plays, itā€™s a good station at times, but some of their choices are just station switchers for me.

If it does go, wouldnā€™t mind it being replaced with a version of the Triple M Perth format - Iā€™ve not listened yet but from the comments and logs posted, itā€™s a good new take on what a modern Alternative/Rock station can be.

3 Likes

What would they call it if it happened?

Relaunch Triple M Mordern?

1 Like

Or Triple M real alternative inline with Perth?

4 Likes

Itā€™s no surprise if Hard n Heavy is going, as the ratings are miniscule.

It would be great if Triple M add an Indie Rock format, similar to Triple M Perth, or even a Noughties format.

2 Likes

I would love to see the MMM Perth format to be the main MMM format, rather than pushed to DAB+ in other states tbh

6 Likes

Katie lamb to be announced as triple M drive co host on 92.9 today ?

1 Like

If Hard and Heavyā€™s getting the Axe, Triple M better get more Edgier.

1 Like

Will it Continue on LISTNR?

1 Like

I really donā€™t think Hard N Heavy deserves to get the axe.

Triple M is meant to be all about rock. And the different genres of rock.

If you ask me, I would axe Triple M 80ā€™s and leave that to Triple M Classic Rock to cover, as Iā€™m sure thereā€™d be some overlap there (along with Triple M 90ā€™s).

In my mind, there should be:

• Hard N Heavy/Grunge
  • Soft rock
  • Classic rock
  • Modern/indie rock
  • Aussie rock

Leave the cheesy 80s & 90s stations to ARN/Nova.

4 Likes

Iā€™d even be happy if they left the 80s/90s stations Hitā€™s responsibility

4 Likes

This is kind of what they used to have before they introduced the decade based ones.

3 Likes

There is probably market research that shows listeners are more attracted to the decade based stations.

Hence why ARN, SCA and Nova are overwhelming us with them!

4 Likes

My favourite is Triple M country. Not sure how it rates but is number 1 on my pre sets

1 Like

I think that market research is mostly that Gold/WSFM 80s generally tops the DAB ratings, therefore decades stationsā€¦ I donā€™t think as a whole theyā€™ve worked amazingly.

4 Likes

Ratings wasnā€™t the type of market research I was a suggesting. More radio brand recognition surveys and even data on popular genres and playlists on music streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music might be guiding their decisions.

1 Like