Triple M Network

Sounds like a PIE issue to me…

I reckon the 2AM time is the give away, sounds like a switch to new pie or change of TX site may have not quite gone to plan…

The RF was working just carrying the wrong program.

Hats off to the SCA and BAI lads to get it sorted out so quickly…Especially at 2AM.

2 Likes

you’ve obviously never worked with BAI. not many talented engineers there!

2 Likes

Irrelevant what time it is. You have no memory or knowledge when Austereo up until the 00’s had far higher standards and wouldn’t let this happen.

Big deal that they have a few people monitoring alarms, that’s the least they can do.

Those supposedly wonderful techs certainly don’t turn up and help at World Square when networking and phone systems falls over all too often at midnight or later on the 2MMM national talkback, the widest commercial distribution of a live program.

We are all entitled to our opinions, you may not agree with mine, no need to become unnecessarily frustrated with it; simply fix the aforementioned shortcomings.

5 Likes

I must say it was remarkable that the FOX/3MMM issue was fixed when it was. Usually that sort of thing wouldn’t be fixed until about 4 or 5am when the breakfast show staff start arriving for work. If something goes wrong, it’s usually outside of core hours. It rings true in the industry I work in.

The fact is systems do fall over from time to time. Yes, it’s annoying and it’s a fact of life. Judge people by how quickly the faults are fixed rather than blasting them for letting it happen in the first place. Even the best laid plans don’t always work.

11 Likes

Can you imagine the horror’s BAI would have inherited when they took over the SCA transmitters??
Bet there were red MOSFET lights everywhere and every intermittent fault that developed over the last year. Throw in a few feeder leaks for good measure too. Thank God I am retired.

4 Likes

I mean, things always break from time to time, no system is perfect - yes it’s inconvenient when they do break , but that doesn’t mean we should be holding SCA to any form of contempt :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

No horror… SCA had been just going thru a transmitter replacement project changing out old tube transmitters for nice new Solid state Nautel’s… then they gave them away to BAI as part of the deal.

There was a few strange faults around the network but as a whole the transmitter state of the nation was good to very good. They did a pretty good clean up of the network before outsourcing transmission and firing all their tech’s.

After that somebody coined a phrase “Sack C_____ Annually”

3 Likes

Great planning on SCA’s part then - I did see a figure of transmission assets of $9M written off and handed to BAI somewhere. The old NEC’s would have been a more appropriate gift for BAI.

3 Likes

Does anyone know when Triple M Perth will announce their new co-host for Rush Hour?

2 Likes

Triple M Brisbane again the official soundtrack for the annual Riverfire event. Doing a live local build-up after the NRL coverage from 5pm until 7pm with Mitch, Margo, Marto and Dan from their exclusive listener lounge.

It’s the first time the event has moved the fireworks to the start of the month, as it previously used to clash with the AFL Grand Final day and NRL Finals on the final weekend of September.

4 Likes
8 Likes

6 Likes

What will SCA do now for the station most successful when it was PMFM?

Basil’s lack of pulling power again proves that it is his TV employer, Seven which has the success, not the individual. Especially TVW 7 Perth who benefit from peoplemeters of those who are ‘uniquely Perth’/ intergenerationally stuck in their ways.

Same applies to those ticking/clicking radio diaries, 19 months does not build an audience there. Minimum five, years, more realistically approaching ten is needed in such a market.

Consider the many years it took Nova Perth’s Nathan, Nat and Shaun to reach the top.

5 Likes

I actually haven’t missed Basil on 7 news at all.
Ryan Daniels (sports Editor) doing awesome job👏

2 Likes

I’m surprised he lasted this long… 3 Day jobs would be hard to juggle

Didn’t he say he they were going to be number 1 in 5 years and he was there for the long haul???

Triple M will never be a success in Perth. People in Perth don’t even like like drinking Beer or Milk Drinks from “the East”

6 Likes

This is clever (Triple M Perth asking for feedback).

3 Likes

Kevin Hillier is back on Melbourne radio and back on Triple M doing 12noon to 3pm.

8 Likes

That’s great news! I have a soft spot for Kevin from the good old “Rocksat” days.

2 Likes

Wow, so do I from the Kevin Hillier and The D-Generation breakfast show days. I’ll be listening tomorrow for sure. Is this permanent or just why Sarah Maree is off?

3 Likes

I believe Kevin Hillier does the Sideline View sports show on Bay 93.9 (haven’t listened for a while) so he’s been on radio in a part of Melbourne.

3 Likes