Triple M Network

I think it’s the best way, just advertise for those who want to listen to the cricket through LiSTNR.

3 Likes

I noticed on Radio Today that there is a workday announcer job advertised for 92.9 anyone know if Dan or Cat are leaving or maybe moving to an off air role ?

3 Likes

With the sydney job opening up, maybe one of them took that up.

2 Likes

I realise the Moonman “You Can’t!” advert is supposed to be funny but is Moonman inviting people to call him a c*nt every time they see him? Strange way to promote your breakfast show “star”.

3 Likes

I’m sure many Sydneysiders would’ve liked to say “You c**t!” to Lawrence Mooney after his dodgy trip to Byron Bay (resulting in a breach of lockdown/stay at home rules + a $1k fine from NSW Police) in Early July! :wink:

4 Likes

That was his on-air spiel when he was caught for breaching lockdown rules:

I transgressed a public health order. Moonman, you cannot sit in judgement of others and then flagrantly flout the rules. Moonman, you can’t,” he said to himself on air this morning.

Like Uncle Doug without the brains or the comedy. So, nothing like Uncle Doug.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Cat Lynch last day tommorow, just seen it on MMM Perth Facebook

3 Likes

I’m guessing she’s taking up a gig in Sydney again?

2 Likes

Does anyone know who is replacing Cat on Triple M Perth? Hopefully a local WA talent!

2 Likes
3 Likes

As predicted Cat is on 2MMM

2 Likes

I’ve been dipping in and out of MMM Sydney over the past week and I have to say there playlist is a lot better than the last time I listened a while ago.

Seems to be way more variety and not playing the same songs by the same artists/bands all the time. Hope they keep it up because it’s been a good listen.

6 Likes

I’m in Melb and they have been doing a thing at 13:00 Lockdown lunch. It’s reminds me of the old electric lunch that Kent Forbes use to do a midday. They play a couple of live sets from a selected artist. Would be great if they did a full hour and called it electric lunch

7 Likes

I tuned in for a little while. It is still annoying that they don’t play full versions of songs. Example was “Still got the Blues” by Gary Moore. They skipped the awesome guitar solo at the end and launched straight into another song. The old Triple M would never have done this.

6 Likes

I absolutely love that song. That would of annoyed the crap out of me cutting that guitar sole.

3 Likes

Rosie Walton on MMM Melbourne played the full version of Prince’s “Purple Rain” including the instrumental break at the end of that song, as part of the “randomizer”.

MMM (at least in Melbourne) always plays the full version of Guns N’ Roses “December Rain” and Queen “Bohemian Rhapsody”. They will never cut it down to a radio edit. Gold 104.3 the same. Could you imagine the outcry if they did!

5 Likes

Also loving her “lockdown acoustic lunch” at 13:00. 2 blocks of live and acoustic songs over half an hour. Reminds me of the old “electric lunch” they used to do back in the late 80’s with Kent Forbes at midday. Bring it back!!!

3 Likes

2day fm in the mid 90’s was a major culprit at cutting down songs. They never played the full version of November Rain, and only the acoustic version of Weir by Killing Heidi. The rocky versions did not fit with their no heavy rock, better music and more of it positioner.
Other Austeteo stations such as Fm 104.7 and B105 uses to play the full versions of these songs, they both skewed more to a rock format then 2day fm did at the time.

8 Likes

Triple M melbourne on the move?

3 Likes