Triple M Network

If they do re-brand as Triple M Perth just watch it plummet. Perth people hate anything perceived to be from the east coast.

1 Like

KOFM’s drove show was called the Rush Hour too. I think it’s more of a network thing and ties in with advertising really well.

Nova? They went number 1 this year in Perth.

As long as 94.5 stay local and relevant they should be fine if they do switch. Mix is hardly a heritage brand. There are plenty of stations around the world called Mix. If they were still 6KY and became Triple M then I could imagine the uproar.

5 Likes

Nova was a brand new station and not a takeover. Also aimed at a younger demographic and not an older audience that have been listening for years like 94.5

Also there’s the added confusion that 96fm spent time as Triple M.

If it was “no risk” they would have done it already.

Why risk a No. 1 station (their only metro No. 1 no less) when Triple M is not exactly setting the world on fire on the east coast, in fact far from it.

I do agree Mix is a crap name, they should have left it simply as 94.5

2 Likes
  • 2MMM #1 MEN 18-54

• 2MMM #2 IN BREAKFAST PEOPLE 18-54 AND #1 FOR MEN 18-54

• 3MMM #1 BREAKFAST FOR MEN 18-54

• 5MMM #1 ALL PEOPLE 25-54, #1 ALL PEOPLE 18-54

• TRIPLE M #1 MEN 18+

• TRIPLE M #1 MEN 25-54

• TRIPLE M #1 MEN 18-54

And who does Triple M target? Oh that’s right. MEN.

But don’t let facts ruin your good little fictional story.

5 Likes

but - and hear me out here - imagine an SCA station rating above a 6 share in Sydney.

3 Likes

:rofl: Like in the “good old days”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

2MMM in Sydney is No.1 for men aged 18 - 54?

In all due respect SCA don’t even make this claim and the latest ratings don’t support it either.

It’s Triple M’s weekend ratings that make me question the viability of this station to get me a return on my SCA shares - sport and talk is more expensive to broadcast than music and the ems rate a low 4.2 and this is lower than JJJ. Mind you it is higher than the massive 3.7 than MMM achieve on weeknights.

2 Likes

WRONG - YET AGAIN.

3 Likes

That is a really nice press release from many years ago.

Here is the latest press release from Survey 7 Sydney (2017) from the SCA website:
http://www.scaengage.com.au/surveys/sca-1-in-australia-for-all-people-18-54-18-39-and-25-54/

No. 1 for men 18-54? Nup.

This is a “caps lock” free comment.

2 Likes

Depends which market you look at. Melbourne has different metrics to Sydney and Brisbane.

I think that the ems in Melbourne have been a lot more successful than their sister station in Sydney. The only thing that prevents 2MMM from being the lowest rating FMer in Sydney over the last 4 years is 2DayFM

1 Like

Serious question: When was the last time that Triple M was regularly the #1 or even #2 station on Sydney FM radio? I was thinking probably in the Early 90s, before Doug Mulray left and the AM > FM conversions happened.

1 Like

The last time that 2MMM was the #2 FM station was Survey 7 in 2006, in which it scored a 7.4% share (levelled with Nova) in contrast to 2Day’s 11.1% share. 2MMM was #1 FM in Survey 5 that same year with a 9.2% share.

Prior to the end of 2002, 2MMM was consistently the #2 FM station in Sydney, staying ahead of then new-comer Nova.

4 Likes

TV-Expert, your name is misleading - you are also the radio ratings expert.

7 Likes

Yes, I admit it’s a wrong username for me to use, and should’ve come up with a new one when the current version of this forum started about 2 years ago. :blush:

But back on-topic, 2MMM was consistently the #2 FM station from Survey 8, 1998 to Survey 8, 2002, except for one survey in 2000, when they were the #1 FM station. During that time, Austereo owned the top 2 FM stations in Sydney, with 2Day being the king of Sydney FM radio.
A part of 2MMM’s success in 1998-2002 was thanks to Andrew Denton presenting breakfast, as well as Club Veg, who were doing drive at the time. After Club Veg were axed at the end of 2002, 2MMM’s ratings fell, allowing Nova to take the #2 FM spot & eventually the #1 FM spot.

2 Likes

You can ask the admins to change it for you and they’ll get around to it after they’re done establishing a white ethnostate with authoritarian tendencies.

1 Like

That reminds me. I need to get my southern cross tattoo touched up before Australia Day…

Are Triple M doing their Aussie music triple plays on Jan. 26 or did the offenderati put an end to that as well?

1 Like

wrong again. You really should stop posting here and on Radio Today, you simply make a complete idiot of yourself.

I work for SCA and I get the PR - the one I took that screenshot from was from Survey 7, 2017 - emailed from our PR department on 14/11/17.

READ IT. Comprehend it.

1 Like

Tell your PR team to update their website. It’s not on there. 2023 Survey 8 | Southern Cross Austereo

• #1 station for men aged 25-54
3 Likes