Triple M Network

I feel like that doesn’t matter, they have two AFL guys each week, and Will covers all the sports daily. I think the key to this show is that even though it’s Marty’s show, the ensemble is very strong (surprisingly). Their TV ads were so terrible, they didn’t say anything about the show, even the billboards while getting the word out that Marty is back on MMM should have highlighted some of the younger talent behind him. I think there is a chance to boost the female audience, which I hear through more female callers than on Molloy for example.

1 Like

I recall Hot Breakfast became the number 1 FM breakfast show throughout 2014 and 2015 mainly due to the fact that at the end 2013, Matt and Jo (Fox) and Hughesy and Kate (Nova) both finished up.

They were the last one standing but they did well to maintain the number 1 FM spot until at least 2016 I recall.

3 Likes

good idea! Bring back Mark Fine!

4 Likes

Could be finey, honestly just a young producer with like Daisy or Fat someone similar would be perfect.

2 Likes

Summer and Triple M meet together in the form of cricket!

The TMMM cricket commentary is coming back.

Commentary team announcements will be made over the coming weeks.

5 Likes

Long term deal (not sure how long) for every Ashes test and ODIs against NZ. Won’t be every summer but suspect the 2025/26 series must be included for now at least.

2 Likes

Interesting it only mentions the Metro MMM’s on that press release…Not even a mention of Hobart or the Gold Coast.

2 Likes

I’d say the regionals wouldn’t be keen on taking it, Triple M Gold Coast barely take any NRL games

4 Likes

I was just thinking that MMM Hobart took the cricket previously.

3 Likes

I’d predict at least the MCG and SCG tests will be on the regionals as this is over the holiday period anyway and they aren’t going to alienate a workday audience with cricket coverage.

I recall they did similar on the regionals in 2017/18 and only took 1 or 2 tests or even just the home state test.

4 Likes

I think it’s the best way, just advertise for those who want to listen to the cricket through LiSTNR.

3 Likes

I noticed on Radio Today that there is a workday announcer job advertised for 92.9 anyone know if Dan or Cat are leaving or maybe moving to an off air role ?

3 Likes

With the sydney job opening up, maybe one of them took that up.

2 Likes

I realise the Moonman “You Can’t!” advert is supposed to be funny but is Moonman inviting people to call him a c*nt every time they see him? Strange way to promote your breakfast show “star”.

3 Likes

I’m sure many Sydneysiders would’ve liked to say “You c**t!” to Lawrence Mooney after his dodgy trip to Byron Bay (resulting in a breach of lockdown/stay at home rules + a $1k fine from NSW Police) in Early July! :wink:

4 Likes

That was his on-air spiel when he was caught for breaching lockdown rules:

I transgressed a public health order. Moonman, you cannot sit in judgement of others and then flagrantly flout the rules. Moonman, you can’t,” he said to himself on air this morning.

Like Uncle Doug without the brains or the comedy. So, nothing like Uncle Doug.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Cat Lynch last day tommorow, just seen it on MMM Perth Facebook

3 Likes

I’m guessing she’s taking up a gig in Sydney again?

2 Likes

Does anyone know who is replacing Cat on Triple M Perth? Hopefully a local WA talent!

2 Likes