triple j

That is just blatant ABC-bashing by NewsCorp, if that happened at a commercial station it wouldn’t be reported. Although triple j has turned more into a commercial-like format (ie. playing Dua Lipa, Olivia Rodrigo, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, the Kid Laroi et al) in the past decade.

2 Likes

Voting starts from Tuesday 23rd May.

1 Like

Taylor Swift? I never thought they’d ever play her after “Shake It Off” got disqualified from the 2015 Hottest 100 because they thought she was too commercial.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Triple J plays has shut down.

After more than a million tweets sharing the tracks + artists we play, we have to say bye to @triplejplays 💔
This is unfortunately due to Twitter moving to a paid model for automated services. To see what we’re playing, head to the triple j app or site: https://t.co/VbtrrGyFGq

— triple j Plays (@triplejplays) June 28, 2023

She will now be joining the daily news podcast 7am, from July 17 to cover for host, Ruby Jones, while she is on maternity leave.

Triple j Hottest launches Monday, July 17 at 9:30am AEST on the triple j or the ABC listen apps.

As for the Hottest 100 of Like A Version, in which voting closes at Midday (AEST) today:

The countdown will commence on triple j and Double J this Saturday the 15th.

…Believe.

First song on Hottest is Flume’s Never Be Like You.

I went to a local company at 10am and they had JJJ Hottest on as well. So they’ve got at least 2 listeners in my region :wink:

The Gurge, Spiderbait and Yothu Yindi all in the first hour or so. That’s a winner. A real shame this isn’t on DAB as it would easily be my station of choice in Canberra.

3 Likes

I didn’t even know it was on until I saw FB post about it lol.

And in Hobart…

2 Likes
1 Like

Not shocked by this move. Be interesting to see how they grow and the slot grows with them; I’ve felt that the drive shift has really meandered since Veronica left.

1 Like