triple j

Dylan Lewis will take over as host of Double J Weekends from 9am-12pm on Saturdays & Sundays from 18th July until the end of the year.

Source: Radioinfo

3 Likes

Avani Dias will next week take a short break from hosting Triple J’s Hack to work on a joint investigation with Four Corners.

1 Like

UPDATE 24/8: Ollie Wards is joining the Australian arm of Tiktok.

1 Like

Oh mate i wish the same during DST, I mean thank god for the interwebs but still, even in QLD people could adjust to hearing breakfast at 5am…the suns up early enough here in summer…usually 4.40am so most people would be outta bed and sweating haha.
Anyways it would be nice if triple j and even double J didnt do delays i know double J is live to qld on digital TV, iirc in WA some of the mines get Triple J live on eastern time …does anyone know how the delay systems work for TV/radio. Does the live feed get shunted to each state by satellite/Fibre runs and recorded and played in each time zone or would it all be done via Sydney HQ?

1 Like

It’s all done at play out in Sydney.

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

Teenage Joans from Adelaide’s Gleeson College has won this year’s Triple J Unearthed High competition.

1 Like

Triple J breakfast duo Sally Coleman and Erica Mallett announced this morning that they are leaving the station effective immediately.

3 Likes

Presumably this means they will turn up as brekkie show hosts on a commercial channel somewhere next year.

3 Likes

Commercial networks getting a bit more aggressive with poaching Triple J talent it seems?

There’s an idea for 2DAY FM breakfast for next year!

2 Likes

Maybe, 2day fm is skewing younger (dropping the 80’s) and once again playing in Nova and KIIS playground.

Could Dave Cameron do a Paul Jackson and poach another Triple J breakfast show???

Would Sally and Erica be the right fit for 2day fm Breakfast???
I cannot see them upsetting K&JO or F&W, or pulling JJJ listeners to 2day, but they may rate higher then music at Breakfast.

Another one for the rumour mill with Marty Sheargold for Triple M Melbourne Breakfast.

1 Like

As posted in the ABC Local Radio thread;

Bryce Mills and Ebony Boadu will be the new co-hosts of Triple J breakfast in 2021.

4 Likes

This was the expected outcome for sure considering they filled in so much this year in the slot.

3 Likes
1 Like

More important question. Who will be hosting “2021” in 2021.

Oh I guess this guy can… Pretty sure Richard Kingsmill died in 1998 and it’s been his Futurama-like-head-in-a-jar working at Triple J since. He will therefore never leave.

4 Likes

He still appears to be alive from all the searches I’ve found.

2 Likes

That’s a joke right? lol