Travel & Holidays

I’m guessing that’s the thinking, if you’re going to go for an untapped flight route why not go with an untapped flight time.

worst jetlag I’ve ever had was from Tokyo to Heathrow a few months back. 9am departure, arrived around 3pm into London, then had to train to Cardiff afterwards. Was trying to stay awake until I got to accommodation which I did around 9pm. Thought I’d be sweet with a good night’s sleep as I was exhausted but was up 2 hours later wide awake, then just had every jet lag symptom under the sun for the next 4 days (nausea, sweating, the obvious lack of sleep)

1 Like

Haneda slots will bump up the value of the business in the IPO process.

Those daytime slots are valuable - although because they’re limited to Australian operators, the alternate is only really Qantas/Jetstar

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-au/travel/news/boeing-s-747-the-original-jumbo-jet-prepares-for-final-send-off/ar-AA16Sg2Z

The last commercial Boeing jumbo will be delivered to Atlas Air in the surviving freighter version on Tuesday, 53 years after the 747’s instantly recognizable humped silhouette grabbed global attention as a Pan Am passenger jet.

1 Like

Bonza Airlines officially began services today.

3 Likes

They should have had Brian Bury there for the launch.

He always used to describe a beautiful weather day as a “Bonza” day.

Never thought I’d see the day.

While they’re celebrating 10,000 tickets sold, with the number of routes they’ve already launched that actually doesn’t seem like all that much…

The next 6 months will be interesting.

1 Like

Rough calculation would have them at 500k seats on offer for the schedule they have announced so far March to October.

So yeah, 10k ain’t much.

It does appear they don’t have any flights today or this week at all. Not sure when they fly next.

While flying is an expensive endeavour at the moment, a decent number of people will more than likely avoid Bonza until there is a much clearer picture of what the experience is like. Odd scheduling probably won’t help them either.

Interestingly, I heard today that Airservices Australia is taking ads out in every market Bonza is launching in advising of an increase in air traffic, but also to clarify that the 737 Max Bonza is using is safe…

5 Likes

holiday makers also book weeks or months in advance and i know personally i’m not booking flights for may (my next flights i am taking for a weekend away) with bonza. theres no guarantee they won’t go bankrupt before than.

Isn’t that up to CASA not Air Services?

Qantas has published a full page advertisement in today’s News Corp papers.

3 Likes

No mention of luggage…

2 Likes

And yet I’m still waiting on my (many times in writing) promised refund from October.

2 Likes

How many stations will I be able to receive?

2 Likes

Melbourne Airport surged into the top 20, climbing to 19th place, up from 26th last year. The airport was also named the best in the Australia/Pacific region. Sydney Airport continued to slide, dropping to 49th in the top 100 rankings, down from 41st last year and 28th in 2021. Brisbane Airport dropped from 22nd to 23rd.

1 Like

Melbourne is terrible, needs to be demolished and rebuilt on the other side of the runway. They keep taking the band aid approach to construction. Terminal 4 is the pits, if you look closely at the construction you will see how cheap T4 was done, the old Tiger terminal T4 was actually never demolished. Look closely at the exterior near the Rex end and you will see what I mean.

Mascot is much the same, T2 needs a complete refit. I noticed the broken toilet in the Bathroom still hasn’t been fixed in T2 between my two visits being a month between flights.

Both are very unappealing transit experiences.

Our best airports are probably Adelaide, Canberra. Wellcamp is actually pretty sleek. The rest need to be demolished and rebuilt. Love the Gold Coast. Half the airport is new and shiny, the other half is still a tin shed.

2 Likes

For a Small-Medium airport Adelaide is no contest although some design flaws exist - e.g. Passengers travelling from Auckland on Qatar Airways have to be re-screened in full before entering international airside while stopped in Adelaide, you would have thought Adelaide Airport would have provisions to allow transit passengers to enter the international airside area without this been necessary.

They’ll need a separate international terminal sooner rather than later at Adelaide, but for now considering there’s never more than about 8 international flights a day, it’s fit for purpose.

Brisbane is great but is looking more and more dated each year.

Sydney needs a massive refresh, it’s utterly insane that check in counters are still required to drop bags in T2.

1 Like