Travel & Holidays

I bet he has a Chairman’s lounge membership also.

1 Like

I cant see how he differentiates between the 20 airlines either

My partner and I are coming to Melbourne to on the 19th to spend a couple of days in Geelong before heading to the city centre of Melbourne to stay till the 25th looking for some recommendations of things to do while we are there.

Anything at all we are relying on PT while in the city itself so that’s our only restriction.

1 Like

eureka skydeck

1 Like

Grab a grounds/day pass to the Aus Open!

1 Like

That’s on my bucket list,a day at the Australian Open one year,

i normally fly down from Brisbane and get tickets to RLA for day 1 - totally worth it - in one session i saw Naomi Osaka, Rodger Federer and Serena Williams.

The only downside is that because its day 1 they run over the opponents and its generally 3 matches that are routs.

IN other news, Ive booked a cruise with Mrs Tejas in December on the Quantum of the seas. Her parents are watching Ms 6 and 11 for the week whilst we head up to Airlie Beach and Cairns

1 Like

I might go next year then ,if it’s too late to get a ticket for this year, I might check first

Pardon my ignorance but how long ago did VA change their security screening at MEL from T3 to T4?
They’ve also removed the escalators from check-in leading down now to the removed security screening at T3.

I haven’t travelled since pre-COVID until yesterday and found it odd to check in at T3, security screening via T4 and departed from T3.

I do know VA also has gates at T4.

It was back in August I believe.

There’s one thing they need to do is update their departure gates at MEL. Something similar to SYD or PER would look great. Still looks like something from the Ansett days.

Same goes for departure gates at Qantas terminal at Melbourne Airport. They look bland.

It needs to be demolished. The whole bloody airport is a disgrace and needs a complete rebuild on vacant land on the other side of the runway!

Melbourne Airport isn’t really fit for purpose in the long term. Terrible design with bits and pieces terminals stuck together.

Cannot wait for Western Sydney. Clean slate on new land bring it on.

1 Like

AFTER A NICE ST KILDA RESTAURANT
From Sydney and travelling with friends and family to Melbourne. Organising a surprise dinner at St Kilda but am after a good restaurant that caters for all taste buds that everyone will enjoy! Share away…

1 Like
1 Like

Have a nice limousine next week taking a group to dinner from our hotel. We have to pay for the full hour, but it’s a 20 minute trip. What can we go via (Melb to St Kilda), so that we could get the full hour but also sight see without getting out of the limo??

1 Like

I give them 18 months

Even that is generous IMO.

The proposed route network is utterly insane with 180 seat jets and is based on ULCC models in the US and Europe, not factoring in the reality that a lot of the airports they plan to use have a population catchment of barely 100,000 people, if not less in some cases (more like 40,000 for Mildura / Sunraysia region), compared to at catchments of at least 500,000 population in the US or Europe. The load factor is going to be so low, not to mention booking must be done via an app or a travel agent, no website!

I suspect after 6 months they’ll change routes / strategy, and won’t last much longer after that. If they move towards routes that JQ competes with, there’s no doubt that Qantas will temporarily cut margins on Jetstar flights to destroy them.

The established airlines have been quick to dismiss Bonza and their proposed routes, Rex in particular saying if the routes were of interest, they (and others) would be flying them.

I can see it working, but I can also see it being a complete dumpster fire. I suspect Qantas will shift some resourcing at Jetstar to try and counter fairly quickly