Travel & Holidays

Take the L and move on

1 Like

Am I shonky? No, itā€™s the customers who are wrong.

1 Like

Thereā€™s real Iraqi minister of information vibes about Qantasā€™ response

3 Likes

Once upon a time theyā€™d have an army of defenders out there as well on the aviation websites and on the comments pages of the various news outlets, but it seems those have almost completely evaporated this year.

Bit of a question, I have to watch 10 live on 10play, and up to the Melbourne Cup every ad break had a gambling service commercial, since then every ad break now has a United Airlines commercial, but it seems like a US commercial to me, doesnā€™t connect with Australia at all. Would there be a reason for it?

I guess they have money to spend. Their new campaign started this week which coincides with the kickoff of new flights between Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne and the U.S.

1 Like

iā€™m on aviation websites and forums quite a bit (as a licensed single engine pilot it comes with the territory)

i think the shine of qantas has worn off, especially in the aviation community. it comes from a few things - the way they have been treating pilots during the project sunrise negations have been a big one & the service (even in business) has gone downhill whilst fares skyrocket.

I know qantas used to be my preferred carrier when travelling for work, but September i flew Singapore to London than virgin Atlantic to Chicago and the upper deck / business offering crapped all over qantas for better prices

New International terminal now open

3 Likes

great news, hopefully there are more passenger facilities post outbound immigration.

next needs to be Brisbane. i heard talk of a major upgrade and building a new international terminal next to the current domestic one in time for the Olympic games with the current international being a VIP terminal during the games for athletes and delegates but Iā€™ve not heard anything since

TV report

1 Like

The Brisbane upgrades is probably on the back burner until they sort out the noise complaints from the Greens and their voters and flight paths. It would be nice if they were able to at least open most of if not all the food outlets in the existing international terminal first as well.

That means that my parents have to put up with more noisy aircraft flying over their home

2 Likes

I already have too much aircraft noise where I livešŸ‘Ž

Brisbane airport

3 Likes

15 hour delay too - points for accuracy :wink:

2 Likes
1 Like

The Australian airline has regained the top spot in AirlineRatings.comā€™s Top Twenty Safest Airlines 2023 just edging out last yearā€™s winner Air New Zealand by the finest of margins.

The Top Twenty Safest Airlines by ranking are Qantas, Air New Zealand, Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal, Emirates, Alaska Airlines, EVA Air, Virgin Australia/Atlantic, Cathay Pacific Airways, Hawaiian Airlines, SAS, United Airlines, Lufthansa/Swiss Group, Finnair, British Airways, KLM, American Airlines and Delta Air Lines.

Airline Ratings is operated by Geoffrey Thomas, an employee of SevenWest.
Considering how much promotional consideration Qantas has given to him in the past Iā€™d take rankings like this with a pretty hefty grain of salt.