Travel & Holidays

You love noise and pollution?

i’m under one of the flight paths into BNE - i wouldn’t say i love it, but i do like to check flightradar24 when something flys over to see where it has been. they don’t bother me now though

1 Like
2 Likes

So if you don’t wear a mask on a domestic flight do they call the AFP? Or don’t crews give a shit anymore.

Just an update on this. Still tried to call them as soon as the phone line opened and out came the: “We’re currently experiencing very high demands” again. Like I literally called at 8am on the dot and was still disconnected :roll_eyes:

I’m tempted to go to the passport office and just say my passport is ready according to a ‘notification’ and who knows they might just have my passport ready even though they didn’t give two hoots about contacting me. But at the same time I don’t want to get into trouble for anything in case they think I’m trying to ‘evade’ the system to check on my passport.

I’d be keen to hear some perspectives to this as I feel like this is such a joke and I almost feel tempted to take matters into my own hands for their incompetence.

1 Like

Yeah I used to live under the Heathrow flight path and loved it. I had the flight path on one side and the overground on the other. You somehow get used to the sounds. Personally, I hate Australia has such stupid curfews.

1 Like

As I’m in Morningside I live under the flight path for BNE airport too.
I also use the Flight Radar app to see what type of aircraft,where it’s going to/arriving from

1 Like

In Sydney for a couple of days, went for a walk around the Harbour this morning, it was wonderful to see these back again, but I wouldn’t be game to go on one for a little while at least.

3 Likes

Honestly surprised that Cathay has survived that ridiculous rule without going broke or getting acquired by the CN 3. HKs time as aviation hub is likely almost over at this point.

Can’t imagine this is the end of the travel bans just yet though, most airlines going through HKG seem to have aligned schedules to not return to any substantial capacity until March/April.

Hong Kong imposed the travel ban basically to comply with the national government’s “dynamic zero COVID” approach, even though cases went up again in the past month after dropping slowly in April and May.

Since the start of this year, there has been fierce debate on whether HK should reopen its border to mainland China first, or to overseas travellers first.

I am quite lost looking at those routes Bonza is looking to service. This isn’t the USA which has population areas all over like Adelaide sized cities.

I have just read that they are only wanting to sell flights via an App? Half those regional towns, population skews older and non tech savvy!

3 Likes

That’s doomed to fail if they ever consider this.

Heading to Port Macquarie tomorrow. Will be spending a week there. Should be good as I’ll be there on my birthday (July 14) instead of at home for a change :slight_smile:

Genuinely shocked they’ve got this far.

I do think they’ll get off the ground, but within 6 months will switch to more traditional routes once a majority of the proposed routes flop / have extremely low load factors.

How long until Bonza goes belly up? I give it 6 months. That is if they…erm…get off the ground.

1 Like

Seems like a weird strategy. They’re not touching Sydney which cuts out a potential market.

I’m all for more competition so I’m hoping they survive and Qantas doesn’t play games to destroy them.

It would be good to have 4 main airlines:
Qantas/Jetstar
Virgin
Rex
bonza.

I like the new Virgin but I do often miss the old Virgin.

The old landscape of Virgin VS Qantas and Tiger VS Jetstar was good IMO.
Virgin, Rex and now Bonza are all going for lowest fares. Bonza seems to be chasing a niche that doesn’t exist or could be serviced with smaller aircrafts.

Back when Tiger still existed I found myself preferring them over Jetstar, don’t know why.

Supposidly a number of their regional sites are being serviced as ‘hops’ between major centres - one example that was given to me was the Melbourne ↔ Sunshine Coast route will stop at regional centres in NSW.