Travel & Holidays

The final Virgin Aus plane with #thebusiness has left the building.

Such a shame. I loved this product so hard. Way better than the Qantas offering.

2 Likes
1 Like

Forever praying for a return to long haul international by Virgin.
Was a great service and loved premium economy, a class which is a rare find now.

Don’t see it happening for a long time though as it ultimately lead them to their demise amongst other factors.

I would prefer to still have it too… I like to watch the in flight map and listen to music on my phone at the same time.

Much easier to watch when it’s at eye level and also because of the larger screen. My neck can get a bit stiff if i have to keep looking down all the time and it’s not as good on a smaller screen.

Qantas has revealed its first A220.

4 Likes

Runway cam:

China’s largest carrier, China Southern Airlines will touch down at Brisbane Airport for the first time in almost 4 years, marking an important milestone in Queensland’s tourism recovery.

Runway Livestream from 745am Saturday morning. https://t.co/PmjMCEevum pic.twitter.com/rtzcNBlwB0

— Peter Doherty (@PeterDoherty7) November 17, 2023

1 Like

What aircraft have other forum members travelled on the most ? For me probably the Airbus A320s,

2 Likes

I travelled most on Boeing 737-800s.

1 Like

I’ve been on a few of them too,over the years

1 Like

Qantas trying to protect its image?

1 Like
1 Like

seems like WWE Elimination Chamber has been a success in bringing in out of state fans to Perth in Feb.

I booked flights and accommodation in September when the event was announced. the price for the same flights have gone up 40% and i looked at direct flights between brisbane and perth and nothing was foind

As exclusively reported in today’s Herald Sun, Princess Cruises and Cunard will pull out of Melbourne in 2025, due to a 15% hike in port fees which is expected to take affect from January 1, 2024.

1 Like

Perhaps opportunities to build a new facility down at Geelong. I recall the spirit terminal area can fit another area on the opposite side.

If anything, this exposes the fact that successive Victorian governments (both Labor and LNP) had ignored Station Pier so now it falls behind both Sydney and Brisbane in terms of cruise terminal facilities.

1 Like

Presumably to offset the loss of income from The Spirit?

1 Like
2 Likes

I keep getting emails from Velocity trying to flog off cheap point deals for that cruise. Must be having issues selling tickets.

1 Like

Could it be due to the age limit (you must be 21 years or above)? That prevents many people aged 18-20 to book for their first cruise.

1 Like