Travel & Holidays

That reminds me, got to start organising myself for Auckland next weekend.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Jetstarā€™s latest flights sale comes before it and Qantas increase their average airfares from next Friday, October 27.

2 Likes

Qantas made the announcement at the conclusion of Rugby World Cup final in Paris this morning.

5 Likes

Good that itā€™s going to be year around unlike the season Perth Rome flight.

Initially 4 times a week during the games and then reverts to three times a week year round. Itā€™s good Australia finally has some direct connections to Europe.

1 Like

Construction is starting on the Brisbane airport upgrade.

2 Likes

Apart from Perth, current planes canā€™t make the distance non stop.

But that should change in 2025, when Sydney will get direct flights to London and New York.

It will then be interesting to see how many European services still then come via Perth as I suspect a lot of the patronage via Perth is coming from East Coast passengers.

3 Likes

The side effect of Qantasā€™s Sydney-Perth-Paris flights is that the existing Melbourne-Perth-London flights will be cut to just Perth-London in July 2024, meaning there will be no same plane service between Melbourne and London until Project Sunrise direct flights commence in 2025. During that interim period, Melbourne passengers will have to travel on a conventional domestic Qantas flight to Perth to connect with flights to either London, Rome or Paris.

3 Likes

The documents, dated October 12 and obtained by The Australian Financial Review, show the percentage of consumers who said they trusted Qantas had fallen from 70 per cent in August to just 49 per cent. In that time, consumers who trusted Virgin rose from 53 per cent to 59 per cent.

1 Like

Iā€™d say that Qantas is almost getting into the danger zone of the board being removed by a vote of shareholders. While Iā€™d expect the private equity mobs that have part ownership to back the board it seems that the ā€˜mum and dadā€™ shareholders that make up a large share of their ownership are pretty pissed off right now.

1 Like

Jetstar will start to renew their 787 fleet in 2025 to allow travel to new destinations.

Additional business class seats, adding wifi but removing the inflight entertainment screens.

2 Likes

I hate the move away from this from all airlines.

I donā€™t mind it being removed I just use my own device and at least watch I think is worthy of my time .

1 Like

Itā€™s the trend that people watch on their own mobiles or tablets rather than through the inflight screens.

I flew with Qantas between Melbourne and Sydney recently, and noticed that flight attendants had added more to their onboard announcements, such as you must detach your devices from the seatback straps during take off and landing (and after the pilot announces ā€œcabin crew, prepare the cabin for landingā€).

1 Like

I listen to my own tunes on my iPhone.Jetstar domestic aircraft donā€™t have entertainment screens,probably other budget airlines donā€™t either

2 Likes

I think they only donā€™t for domestic flights? I was on a holiday to Khao Lak in Thailand (Melbourne to Phuket flight) a few months ago and the planes had entertainment screens with a $13 fee. I didnā€™t use it on the way to Phuket but I used it on the way back to Melbourne. On my flight to GC last year however the planes didnā€™t have in-flight entertainment.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never been on one of their long haul aircraft,only their Airbus A320 aircraft on domestic routes

2 Likes

The final Virgin Aus plane with #thebusiness has left the building.

Such a shame. I loved this product so hard. Way better than the Qantas offering.

2 Likes
1 Like

Forever praying for a return to long haul international by Virgin.
Was a great service and loved premium economy, a class which is a rare find now.

Donā€™t see it happening for a long time though as it ultimately lead them to their demise amongst other factors.