Top Gear

Andrew Flintoff and comedian Paddy McGuinness will replace Matt LeBlanc on the show.

3 Likes

Top Gear will move to a new virtual channel BBC BRIT on Fetch on November 1.

1 Like

Still no sign of the new episodes of Top Gear on either BBC Brit or Nine (I think Australia is now one season behind the rest of the world).

1 Like

That’s a shame, the racing driver and his northern mates are pretty good… much better than that bloke from Friends (it doesn’t feel as forced anymore).
Come over to NZ, you can watch here FTA.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been watching on TVNZ On Demand, great that they’re fast tracking new episodes.

And definitely agree that Paddy, Freddie and Chris are a much better trio.

3 Likes

Good news Australia will be getting new episodes of Top Gear. I wonder which series will 9Rush air?

1 Like

It’ll be the new series

1 Like

Nine has confirmed 9Rush will show series 27 of Top Gear when the channel launches on April 5.

UPDATE 30/3: new promo

1 Like

Great interview with the show’s co-hosts Andrew Flintoff, Chris Harris and Paddy McGuinness.

2 Likes

When I see the name Paddy McGuinness I think of the late journalist who worked for Fairfax and The Australian.

2 Likes

Series 28 premieres next Sunday (May 10) at 7pm. It aired on the BBC on January 26 this year.
Looks like Nine is skipping the Nepal special which was shown in UK on December 29 last year.

Which channel is the premiere of the new season on? 9Go? Or perhaps 9Rush?

1 Like

9Rush.

3 Likes

BBC says that Top Gear will resume filming

Top Gear hurtles back to filming with race around deserted theme park

Paddy McGuinness, Freddie Flintoff and Chris Harris emerged from lockdown today to resume filming on Top Gear’s next series with a pulsating electric car race around Staffordshire’s empty Alton Towers Resort.

5 Likes

Top Gear’s Nepal special (which preceded series 28) will now be shown on 9Rush on Sunday, June 21 at 7pm.

1 Like

25 seasons of Top Gear, including those hosted by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, will stream on Amazon Prime in Australia and NZ from July 1.

2 Likes

BBC Studios will begin shooting the link sections of Top Gear from September 8 and has asked those attending to join a “drive-in” audience, from which they will be able to view Freddie Flintoff, Chris Harris, and Paddy McGuinness in action.

Lost In TV, which is managing ticketing for the show, said the recording will take place at Top Gear’s usual Dunsfold Park home and drivers will be asked to park a safe distance apart from each other.

Vehicles will be stationed on Top Gear’s Dunsfold track runway, Deadline understands, and there will be no seating or standing areas. A block of five episodes will be recorded in this way over three nights.

New series of Top Gear starts this Sunday on its new home of BBC One.

I notice the new season of Top Gear is not in 9Rush’s schedule for next week. Is Nine forcing local fans to wait for weeks or even months to see new episodes?

https://twitter.com/BBC_TopGear/status/1365293036398387200
That’s for series 30. 9Rush is yet to screen series 29.

According to Deadline:

The UK’s nation-wide lockdown even forced Top Gear out of its famous home at the Dunsfold race track for the first time in 19 years. With audiences out of the question, Flintoff, Harris, and McGuinness filmed the studio elements of the show at London’s iconic Television Centre, where they were fortunate to avoid winter rain.

2 Likes