Tokyo Olympics Coverage

I think we can give them a jail free card for this time with COVID. It’s probably a more responsible move to keep most people safe and have the minimal number of people needed to work there to be present and that’s it.

In normal times they need a big setup and presence in Tokyo.

9 Likes

Any pictures of the NBC set?

Even NBC though has cut back on the number of people they have in Tokyo - not only is it a near 50/50 split in terms of people based in Tokyo compared to the US but a lot of on-screen talent will be based in the US. Indeed, the only presenters who’ll be in Tokyo for them are Mike Tirico and Rebecca Lowe (both of whom will be presenting the main NBC coverage) + Kathryn Tappen (one of the presenters for the main cable coverage airing on USA Network)

3 Likes

Are you seriously comparing the Melbourne Comm Games 2006 to London 2012 Olympics?

Lol calm your farm. I’m saying it’s a Australian sporting event of scale as apposed to something overseas in a completely different time zone. Which is why Nine went after 2006 comm games as it was the biggest Australian event since Sydney 2000

My point is Nine or Ten would be interested in 2032 because it’s here in Australia. London 2012 can’t be a comparison to that. Especially with all the media assets Nine now own. They could get a decent return on it as apposed to 2012

2 Likes

I’m as calm as a moo moo

3 Likes

You really need to be dedicated to be a reporter at these Olympics.

6 Likes

Streaming Promo:

4 Likes

One had an iconic mascot and the other was London 2012, so.

2 Likes

Abbey Gelmi voiceover for the copyright

Day -2

7 Likes

Graphics are pretty lame tbh

Also these two aren’t the best hosts either!

1 Like

AND WE’RE UNDERWAY!

3 Likes

I think Mel and Jason make a good duo. They compliment each other’s styles well.

1 Like

It’s the second channel, day -2.

2 Likes

Both the 7 and IOC graphics are horrid.

1 Like

The IOC graphics remind me of the 1990s

5 Likes

What is that scorebug?

(sorry for cap quality)

Same cheap ol’ Seven graphics. Innovation must be a foreign term at the network.

1 Like

Looking to look like Japanese origami and triangles?