Tokyo Olympics Coverage

also has a grudge with one of our board doyens

1 Like

Here are the hosts for Tokyo 2020 on 7

That tweet has now been deleted.

Absolutely nonsense.

1 Like

3 Likes

No Olympic rings watermark on The Daily Edition.

1 Like

Isn’t Sarah Stinson’s “7” watermark on TMS and TDE actually a watermark-looking logo pasted onto the program? Rather than an official watermark from BCM? Probably explains it.

1 Like

Based on a new promo that just aired it would indicate Mel McLaughlan, Mark Beretta & Kylie Gillies will be at least three of the hosts.

Perhaps Beretts is replacing Todd Woodbridge? Although, I think Johanna Griggs should be hosting. Her role at Rio was awkward. Hosting really needs to be done from Tokyo.

1 Like

9 Likes

Mel has been a bit of a dud at Seven and I also think Seven realised it, a harsh view from me.

Yes, she’s capable and good at some things and she does anchor sport on the flagship Sydney bulletin (but that could be to fulfill contract/salary).

But they gave her second fiddle to the much more capable IMO Hamish McLachlan in Rio 2016 (and that was 3 years ago), gave her a nothing timeslot again in Pyeongchang last year and gave her shit all on the Gold Coast last year (pairing her with nude nut Jason Who at some beach party each night at 10 o’clock).

Thoughts??

1 Like

Also, Jim Wilson is kind and friendly, not a nasty bone in his bod, but many don’t like his ‘overly happy’ personality, shouting and talking a million words a sec at everything he gets given, like he owns the joint and is it and a bit. Instant turn off. Again Seven would know this. Hence why he’s been kept away from prime time host at all Olympics, Comm Games and Aus Open’s I can recall.

2 Likes

As for Kylie Gillies, she looked utterly bored and disinterested at Rio 2016, anchoring afternoons (much of which were replays and highlights) while most Aussies were at work. Like ‘you’ve given me a morning show gig, why are you making me still do sport stuff’.

It’s times like Olympics we really, really miss the authority, knowledge and experience of Sandy Roberts (hard to believe his last was 11 years ago in Beijing as he’d defected to Fox Sports in 2014 and only just retired).

1 Like

sorry for the multiple comments, looked neater

And does anyone know what happened to Mark Beretta on Seven Sport? Since they lost V8 Supercars, he’s been almost only on Sunrise (which I guess is no easy job, full time). But he used to host Aus Opens and was a regular presenter/reporter at Olympics, dating back to Sydney 2000.

1 Like

Mark Beretta hosted Seven’s coverage of Tour Down Under in January this year.

1 Like

Jim Wilson should be the main Seven News Sydney rugby league reporter, I think. It suits his style and he knows the sport. He would be a giant leap up from the former reporter on Seven and the two on Nine. In my opinion, the Olympics doesn’t suit Jim.

2 Likes

I disagree with that, it’s just the roles he’s been given

2 Likes

NBC and Twitter has partnered for social media during the 2020 Summer Olympics.

Seven may use OBS Cloud for its Tokyo 2020 telecast to reduce cost.

1 Like

Paralympic symbol the Agitos (“I move”) was shown on its AFL coverage today and on AFL Game Day to commemorate 1 year to the Paralympic Games in Tokyo.

4 Likes

Yes, you’ll forgive me for not remembering its official title

2 Likes