Tokyo Olympics Coverage

Maybe she doesn’t want to go to Sydney and potentially not be able to get out again.

I thought she lived in Queensland or on the Gold Coast not long ago, was she not on one of their news bulletins a couple of years back? Regardless, possibly would’ve been a similar situation with the crackdown on the border.

It was reported in May that Giaan Rooney sold her Gold Coast home for $2.2 million, and moved to rural NSW with her husband Sam Levett after they bought a macadamia farm.

1 Like
3 Likes

In other words, Brisbane has probably won.

1 Like

Would be bloody hilarious if the IOC rejects the Brisbane bid though.

11 Likes

No it won’t it’ll be a disaster

1 Like

If only Juan was still around: “The winner is … Bris-a-bane”.

4 Likes

7 showed Opening Ceremony dress rehearsal footage during their news bulletin. Don’t think this is allowed by IOC rules

Yes it is because they are rights holders.

5 Likes

Yes would result in loss of accreditation if shot and aired on anyone other than Seven.

3 Likes

10 News QLD opener.

5 Likes

Looks like it’s Docklands not NEP

3 Likes

Not surprising. Still need NEP for Footy Coverage, Docklands studio will allow for a grander set

2024 games eh :thinking:

2 Likes

I remember that back in 2000 Seven broadcast a snippet of the dress rehearsal of the Opening Ceremony.

A friend of mine who went to the dress rehearsal shared some photos around … that probably wasn’t allowed.

1 Like

Not sure how there words hamish and talent go together.

1 Like

Was just thinking this, they’ve been using NEP and that big wall screen for AFL (when not able to go to a ground due to coronavirus - which is almost always atm, although were at the MCG studio on Saturday night the weekend just gone).

And as reported, Seven have a brand new set from overseas for Olympics.

Assuming commentary booths / production / offices are in BCM. So three facilities in the one city and all fairly close to each other. And TVB reported “7mate hub” is at Seven’s Sydney studios (Eveleigh for available production space I’d imagine rather than Martin Place?) Not just hosts, but as someone posted looks like a few commentators will be there too.

3 Likes

SBS in South Korea aired rehearsal footage in 2008