Today

With Ally back, she and Karl have swapped seats with her leg supported on a stool

4 Likes

9 Likes

Just read reports of people hearing bottles of champagne popping from 1 Denison St, North Sydney. Unconfirmed as of yet, but highly plausible.

16 Likes

Sunrise just got rid of a liability, a loose cannon who had the potential to alienate viewers and drag the show down with her controversial opinions. There’s a depth of talent at Seven where any number of people can fill her size six stilettos without it causing a blip on the ratings radar. Not so much at Nine where they’re still in the early stages of a rebuild that relies heavily on Karl and Aly.

I think there’ll be just as many champagne corks popping at Martin Place today as those she’s alienated in recent times celebrate her departure.

17 Likes

Good to see the steadi-cam back on Today. I just hope if anyone recorded the opener of Ally’s return and the footage of the steadi-cam

1 Like

Of course many here would pop champagne corks whenever something terrible happens at Martin Place :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Did you? :wink:

I disagree. Have you not noticed the amount of fill-in options they have at the moment? Any of the people who have filled in for Karl and Ally over the last 14 months could replace them without a hiccup (i.e. David Campbell, Belinda Russell, Sylvia Jeffreys, Alex Cullen, Deb Knight, Leila McKinnon, Charles Croucher, etc.)

1 Like

Have any of those people managed to boost ratings significantly, though?

Due to the fact that the majority of the people I mentioned hosted over Summer/Christmas - I don’t think a boost in ratings would’ve been expected.

1 Like

The male options are a little light on - DC would do a good job I think but lacks journalistic credibility so would be a risk.

2 Likes

I like Ally but is she trying to be the new Sam Armytage and be all outspoken (today’s comments about the Royals).
She also had that on air ding dong with Craig Kelly…

1 Like

Ding Dong is on Studio 10

3 Likes

Is this royal special with Karl & Leila a pre-record or will Karl be staying the night at the studio?

2 Likes

It seems to be live by the “LIVE” graphics @Drew_1981

1 Like

Could be “LIVE” but prerecorded LIVE haha

1 Like

It was 100% LIVE

2 Likes

Has Karl or Ally stormed off the set in a huff this morning a la Piers Morgan? Half expecting it after Ally declared she was leaving the studio following Armytage’s announcement on Monday.

2 Likes

Don’t know if you’ve noticed, but Ally isn’t exactly in the position to storm off anywhere! :joy:

12 Likes

Today made it onto The Project tonight with a clip of Ally saying of the Queen

“She’s weathered a lot of storms lately, Prince Andrew, this, and of course her husband’s in jail”

Quickly corrected to “in prison” – then finally “in hospital”.

8 Likes