Today

Who did the weather? Curious

1 Like

Today’s Weekend Today

3 Likes

Lauren Phillips is the presenter.

1 Like

A little update from Ally

Screenshot_2021-02-14 Allison Langdon ( allisonlangdon) • Instagram photos and videos(1)

9 Likes

Don’t know her name

1 Like

I think he’s on leave.

2 Likes

Weekday Today opener’s from last week.
Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

9 Likes

When did they ditch the hosts introducing themselves at the start, and go straight to the headlines? Also, I think they need to either not have Alex in the opening headlines until the end or introduce him somehow…he just randomly appears mid headlines…

7 Likes

Leila McKinnon hosting again this week.

8 Likes

11 Likes

I picked up something really interesting this morning that Karlos mentions Lisa Wilkinson’s name for the first time in the show since her exit in 2017

2 Likes

Wednesday, 17th February:
Karl and Lelia are doing the news headlines.
Alex is off sick today.

6 Likes

Poor form to not bring in a separate newsreader.

Could they have not just got Brooke to read the news?

4 Likes

Didn’t even really notice he wasn’t in today. Show almost flowed better with just the two of them doing it.

6 Likes

This year, It would be been better to have Karl & Ally doing the News Headlines. Then Alex will do his Sport Headlines and Brooke remains as Entertainment

4 Likes

You do realise they’re don’t just magically appear when someone calls in sick, right? If no one is available to fill in, after they find out a 4am, what are they supposed to do?

13 Likes

If Sunrise are able to get someone to fill-in at the last minute, then no reason why Today can’t either.

Worst case scenario, bring the Sydney reporter off the road to read the news, or even get Bec Maddern to do it from Melbourne.

It’s just inconsistent to leave the chair empty.

2 Likes

I think you’re being a bit dramatic. There’s no reason why Karl and Leila couldn’t cover news reading duties this morning without having to quickly usher in a replacement. After all, it’s been just ONE morning without a newsreader - let’s all just chill.

I’d rather have two very capable presenters co-host and read the news at the same time, than have a reporter pulled off the road to do said job.

15 Likes

Sorry, but that’s just not how things work.

I’m sure they attempted to get someone, but if no one is available they can’t do much.

Not all reporters are able to be desk jockeys… and if they do take the reporter off the road, doesn’t that just move the problem around?

It’s just unrealistic to think that this kind of thing doesn’t happen.

I’m pretty sure something like this has happened on Sunrise before too…

4 Likes

Clint Stanaway mentioned being on Today this morning on the AO coverage. Tony Jones mentioned he appeared as well. What did they do? Clint said he had to get up at 2 to be on Today, so could he have read the news?

2 Likes