Today

Saturday and Sunday: Mark Burrows is in the hosting chair, Dickie had a covid test and is isolating after returning from VIC last night

9 Likes

Omg could this show get any worse?

6 Likes

I think they’ve “given up” on Weekend Today, and their Number 1 priority is (weekday) Today.

2 Likes

Jayne Azzopardi is back presenting the news and sport for 2021.

5 Likes

She’s dull too.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Good lord he was awful this morning. Missed cues, awkward silence.

6 Likes

I don’t think they would consider Davina, Sophie or Lizzie for hosting as more than a one off day yet - none of them have that much experience hosting the weekend or summer show and haven’t been on news on weekdays with Karl to see how they work together. Davina, while lovely, also isn’t really a big personality to host the show.

If Ally isn’t ready to come back, then it will (and should be) one of Leila, Deb or Sylvia. Possibly Belinda who does a great job on Today Extra and when she hosted Today summer.

4 Likes

It was so stilted with him and Bec - completely unable to make a script sound like a conversation eg. When they were explaining Dickies absence at 8am. They would have been better off having Jayne host with Bec and Mark on news.

3 Likes

Luckily they didn’t decide to host Today from the Australian Open this year.

8 Likes

I would prefer Mark Burrows than Dickie host. But Mark is better off reading news.

3 Likes

Has someone at Sunrise put a curse on the show this year? my god.

1 Like

Today always curse themselves. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

They would’ve bought in Charles Croucher to host?

3 Likes

Doesn’t Deb have a daily radio gig now? Might be fine to host for a week or two but doubt she’d want to do both for potentially a few months.

I suspect with Karl and Ally being relatively new they may prefer to rotate the guest hosts rather than risk establishing a partnership which could rival Karl and Ally’s.

4 Likes

Awful again today, and on top of that, the weather girl has the most annoying screechy voice.

4 Likes

Mark Burrows has been pretty good this morning. I can’t see too much wrong.

1 Like

So why do you watch?

2 Likes

@Leo_Puglisi6 - looks like you’ve got some competition from this kid!

As seen on Today this morning.

9 Likes

Maybe he’s giving them a chance :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like