Today

Make it happen. Make it happen.

4 Likes

I’d like to see this too.

2 Likes

With Tim at the desk, Weekend Today was significantly more competitive than recent weeks. Weekend Sunrise slipped below 200,000 for the first time in 7 weeks with Today “only” 50k behind after the previous Saturday where there was a 90k gap. The Late part of the show was 40k behind winning in Melbourne and Brisbane.

4 Likes

Jim Wilson in a weekend role makes a lot of sense with Bathie working weekends and their increasingly farm-based lifestyle.

4 Likes

Let’s be realistic though, are Nine really going to separate the news/sport role? It’s cheaper to have the one person do both.

4 Likes

And seems to be working now, so why change?

3 Likes

I would like to see:

TODAY
Hosts: Karl Stefanovic & Sylvia Jeffreys
News: Amelia Adams
Sport: Alex Cullen
Weather: Stevie Jacobs
Entertainment: Brooke Boney

WEEKEND TODAY
Hosts: Tim Davies & Sarah Abo
News & Sport: Jayne Azzopardi
Weather: Dan Anstey
Entertainment: Richard Wilkins

TODAY EXTRA
Hosts: David Campbell & Belinda Russell
News & Sport: Davina Smith
Entertainment: Renee Bargh

5 Likes

That looks good I’m just not sold on Adams.

1 Like

Ally has returned this morning. Lara Vella still reading news and sport. Tim Davies is in studio for weather.

3 Likes

Did Karl crack a joke about not recognising her?

Ally popped up in a promotional image during the technology segment last week and Karl made light of her absence. “Who’s that there with me? Does anyone know who that is?” Stefanovic asked, to which Trevor Long responded: “I dunno. Al…ly? Ally. I think it’s Ally.”

6 Likes

Yes he did. @NewsWeary

1 Like

It gets worse. They are talking to Kyle about Jackie O going on early holidays and Kyle is making it all about Ally going to ACA and Ally is squirming

4 Likes

The video in this article is quite funny.

Apparently she was off shooting a story for 60 last week. Yeah, sure.

2 Likes

Full video here

1 Like

I do enjoy seeing/listening to Kyle when he’s not doing his over-the-top personality.

Nope… Today have pulled the “Are you doing ACA” out of this video (it flashes to white mid way…)

3 Likes

I’m surprised they went to the effort of removing it from the on demand video!

Did they also edit this out of the delayed broadcast into Queensland and other states?

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t notice, they trying to hide something lol??

4 Likes

I’m wondering if Tim Davies took 2 days off and might host WT this weekend.

2 Likes

That’s correct