Today

Charles Croucher doing the voice-over of the Today Titles. Instead of the big voice over guy.

6 Likes

Very odd that Ally and Charles wore casual formal clothes yesterday, instead of black.
This morning, Ally wore black alongside Karl.

4 Likes

Sunday Edition- Charles presenting solo from London. Dickie and Jayne presenting in the studio

3 Likes

Belinda too.

1 Like

It feels like Sarah Abo’s profile on Today is being prioritised with her regular appearances this year but especially during the last week’s major news event.

With Amelia Adams joining 60 Minutes, I wonder if changes are happening for Sarah next year. Surely 60 Minutes doesn’t need another reporter?

If Sylvia lands the ACA role and Belinda Russell goes to Today Extra, maybe Sarah could take on Weekend Today?

2 Likes

Agreed, but she’s also being prioritised because she’s a popular personality on the show. She did a great job in the Non-Ratings period over Summer and has cemented herself as the number one choice for Ally’s fill-in which I’m personally all for, she works great with Karl too which is a win and she’d fit in with the Weekend crew I’m sure.

She does reside in Melbourne, so she’d either need to re-locate or they FIFO her on the weekends.

2 Likes

I’d be for that. Sarah’s been great in everything she’s done at Nine.

1 Like

I get the feeling Nine decided to lift her profile and groom her for the ACA position when Tracey flagged her intention to leave last year. I’d put money on Sarah getting that role even if her moderation of the election debate was a debacle.

1 Like

Sylvia’s hosting with Alex in Studio this morning.

3 Likes

What do we think will happen to Weekend Today with Charles probably leaving? Just have Richard co-host, or bring someone new in?

5 Likes

I reckon that the show will not replace him, instead using Jayne Azzopradi to read sport as well as news, and Richard to also host.

So back to square one.

2 Likes

If Charles wasn’t leaving this would be a good combo for future.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Ally looks absolutely knackered, understandable given how long they’ve been on-air for.

I like Sarah, however , her moderation of the leader’s debate was woeful.

3 Likes

As was her attempt to hijack one of Dan Andrews’ pressers during the pandemic.

1 Like

Her debate debacle aside, she’s pretty good as fill-in on Today and host of 60 minutes. As long as she sticks to those I think she’ll be great.

3 Likes

Wednesday, 21st September:
Jayne Azzpoardi reading the news.
Alex (reading the sport) and Sarah still co-hosting. Ally still reporting Live in London.
Karl is on his way home.

5 Likes

In contrast to Sunrise, there was live coverage from UK this morning and back to coloured clothes at least in Australia!

6 Likes