Today

I’ve never understood why Today have Tim fill in on news?

Will people take him seriously because he’s usually just the relaxed weather presenter? I don’t know why he can’t just be left on weather?

4 Likes

Because his background at Nine, prior to joining today, is as a news reporter. Personally I think it’s good to have versatility within the team.

15 Likes

Absolutely nothing to do with it. They’re doing a road trip thanks to Ampol.

5 Likes

Oh righto. Thanks @MarkHD

1 Like

Tim is great on news. I actually think he is wasted as the ‘whacky weather guy’. Leave that to the Sam Mac’s of the world.

6 Likes

I mean, Eddy B used to do weather on Sunrise and now she’s the permanent newsreader. Nothing wrong with that as long as the talent is capable and does the job well which Tim does consistently.

9 Likes

12 Likes

This team this week could very easily be the A team of the future. Except I’d leave Lara as a correspondent (a role she does her best work in) as I’m sure Brooke will be around for a good while yet.

And I’d agree with the above - Tim is a very good newsreader and I think it speaks to the versatility of the team that he’s able to step up into the role. Since he has a heritage as a 9News journo and early news presenter, he has the necessary experience and isn’t just a weather boy.

In fact, I think it’s a really good choice to keep him on this week, for some crossover between the usual team and the holiday roster.

The team this year is really versatile which is a nice change to Sunrise. Certainly couldn’t imagine the likes of Sam Mac filling in on News, but there have been plenty of times during the week where Tim has covered for Alex.

10 Likes

is that old studio 10 desk? im a kiwi so i don’t often see it

1 Like

I don’t believe it is an old Studio 10 desk, it’s the National Nine News desk they’ve used since early 2017 when they had the new set installed.

The only modification they’ve done to the desk was when they moved into North Sydney 12 months ago and removed the 2 screens and side lights to turn it into the 1 screen and no side lights as you can see in the screenshot above :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

Herald Sun reporting that Bec was offered a lower pay deal by Nine.

I might be interpreting the article wrong, but apparently she was always going to leave Weekend Today at the end of the year as part of a revamp for the program, regardless of whether she stayed at Nine or not for Ninja Warrior, Australian Open etc.

It’s not clear if any other hosting offers were on the table for Bec to consider

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/rebecca-madderns-shock-exit-sparks-channel-9-shakeup/news-story/17e43cb0577c1e4a8322c85536040717

2 Likes

Tim is a journalist not a comedian.

3 Likes

Tim was an excellent newsreader on Nova

3 Likes

Tim Davies will be taking over News & Sport for 2 weeks.

5 Likes

He’s truly the best!

23 Likes

Reminds me of Tracy Vo when she does the Today Show during December/January in the past prior to COVID.

4 Likes

Today’s stand in team did pretty well yesterday especially in Sydney.

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/monday-29-november-2021/19030/4?u=tv.cynic

6 Likes

Christmas on Today

12 Likes

Low key is good. That’s a lot better than Sunrise.

6 Likes

There is low key and then there is low key.

8 Likes