Today

In the past haven’t weekend presenters moved over to weekday during December January…. Maybe Bec wasn’t prepared to move to Sydney for the period… as a mum and with Covid interuptus unknowns who can blame her.

3 Likes

Looks like Bec was in Sydney today.
:eyes:

9 Likes

8 Likes

This whole situation gets odder and odder.

3 Likes

She had farewell drinks at Dickie’s house. Ben Fordham was also there.

6 Likes

I don’t get how it’s odd though? Contract negotiations stalled and she had drinks at Dickies place?

9 Likes

Because typically getting dumped without a proper farewell means there is a competitor network in the mix and it’s not a happy farewell off to some anonymous media relations job.

5 Likes

Nah. No farewell is just typical Today.

10 Likes

This seems like a team / Dickie organised farewell though - and probably already in the works to farewell Lauren.

4 Likes

Any word on who’ll replace Lauren?

2 Likes

This whole situation must be super awkward for Jayne Azzopardi though. Surviving all these years as newsreader and witnessing change after change to the main hosting lineup yet she never get promoted to the main hosting positions.

That is unless she was offered it but she didn’t want it.

3 Likes

Maybe she doesn’t want to be main host? It’s not like you just rock up and read an autocue for that. News presenter I imagine would be less of a load on her family.

4 Likes

Hence why I said:

:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ah that wasn’t there at the time I replied :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With the greatest of respect to Jayne, Belinda has a bigger profile and is arguably a stronger host so is the sensible choice.

8 Likes

She was well received standing in for Sylvia on Extra and this gives them the chance to keep hold of her.

Nice to see Dickie do something for Bec offscreen though even if Nine didn’t have the courtesy to do something on screen.

6 Likes

So with this three host setup I’m going to guess Charles will probably do a lot of the hard-hitting news/interviews/analysis whilst Dickie will do the light and fluffy stories and entertainment stories, with Belinda joining each of them for their respective segments (can’t imagine Dickie doing much hard hitting stuff whilst Charles is probably not the type to do tabloid entertainment stories). Will be interesting if the three will host many segments together.

3 Likes

If anything Jaynes been the one consistency and kept employed, so she must be happy as is

3 Likes

Day 1, Week 1 of Summer Hosts:
Monday, 29th November:
DC & SJ are co-hosting
Tim Davies is reading the news & sport and Lara Vella is on E-news.
Scherri-Lee is on Weather at South Australia instead of Sydney. Due to the new variant

9 Likes

I wonder whether she might move to Sydney next year. She was on Celebrity Apprentice, Late News weather and now filling in on Today, seems they are trying to build a national profile.

Maybe Weekend Today weather in 2022?

Natalia back in Perth could slot in to replace Sherri.

9 Likes