Today

7 Likes

Has Bec ever stepped in on the weekday edition?

2 Likes

She’s done an Easter Monday with Dickie before but I don’t think so otherwise.

I reckon they could use this opportunity to seamlessly move Bec to sports and Jayne to host with Sophie on news. It seems like the ratings haven’t really been affected (in fact it appears to be improving in recent days).

They might need something to compensate Bec though. Maybe get her to fill in on Melbourne Afternoon News/6pm?

1 Like

Not to say that they shouldn’t or won’t do it but that will be so awkward for all involved. I would almost rather be removed entirely than that.

1 Like

I agree about this. I mean it’s just unceremoniously demoting Bec to some other position.

But then again one can never guess what Nine have in mind, especially for Weekend Today.

1 Like

I could see them waiting her contract out, it wouldn’t be that cheap for doing Ninja and some weekend today stuff.

1 Like

How does the weekend breakfast ratings battle compare to weekdays?

1 Like

If Bec is able to return to the studio, why do they need to replace her? She’s better than Jayne IMO.

1 Like

Sunday Herald Sun reports that Lauren Phillips is strongly tipped to leave Weekend Today at the end of the year.

She currently starts before dawn seven days a week (KIIS 1011 Breakfast and Weekend Today weather), so it would be understandable that she wants to cut back.

9 Likes

Seen it coming a mile away. Waiting for news on Clint too. He’s on a 7 day schedule too (although working evenings on the weekend)

4 Likes

I’m guessing maybe Sophie Walsh or Natalia Cooper would be in contention to replace her if true.

5 Likes

A win for Weekend Today over Weekend Sunrise on Sunday by 8,000.

8 Likes

This is one you’d think off the bat.

1 Like

If they’re looking to save costs, could they just not get Richard/Bec/Jayne to read out the weather forecast?

I’d love to see someone fill the role, but I mean, it’s just the weekend.

Saves paying the presenter salary, not to mention paying the camera crew.

1 Like

Ah but they lose any potential advertising money for the OBs.

1 Like

She is no longer at 9 Sydney AFAIK.

3 Likes

Really? Wow. That is a great shame.

1 Like

You sure about that? If so it must be very recent. Her insta/twitter still says she’s a reporter for Nine.

2 Likes

She has left 9 Sydney. Possibly still with the company in another state.

1 Like

She might have gone back to Perth to be with her family?

1 Like