Today

I just don’t think this clip qualifies. In context, both presenters spent the episode engaging in this back-and-forth willingly and without malice. If some want to interpret that scene as blatant sexual harassment and a dangerous influence on our society then go for it. I just don’t think it’s always as black and white as some think it is.

4 Likes

It’s pretty black and white to me though. Sarah did not consent to that kiss. To me, a kiss on the lips is a personal decision and entirely different to say someone grabbing your arm in excitement or to say hello. She was leaning in for a kiss on the cheek, that’s what she consented to. The cheek and the lips are two very different places to me.

2 Likes

Yep, her reaction to it confirms it! Two very different places indeed.

1 Like

Seriously? If that clip is secual assult, I’m the king of England!

2 Likes

Then I guess you are the king of England. :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

With the way so called ‘live TV’ is so over produced and over scripted, I fully expect that it was all well planned from start to Sarah’s reaction.
It’s all speculation until questions are asked and answered. Until any contrary facts are given, I consider it’s all just good acting.

1 Like

That’s not really the point though is it. Hopefully it was ‘acting’ and she was aware of what was coming. It’s condoning non-consensual sexual behaviour.

1 Like

Definitely not ok for him to have done that but why are we bringing up a clip that’s nearly a decade old? What point are you trying to prove with flagging an ancient video with 2 people who aren’t even at the network anymore? Move on.

7 Likes

I wasn’t trying to prove any point. I was just watching YouTube and it came up and just thought oh wow that wouldn’t be acceptable today.

There isn’t always an agenda behind every single thing. :blush:

2 Likes

Well there is. Covid fear and vaccination push

1 Like

Huh?

2 Likes

Quite like Brooke on Today and she works well with the team, but her delivery is a bit meh on occasions.

Just feels sometimes she lacks a little energy and I find I can’t hear what she’s saying as she doesn’t annunciate her words clearly.

Is it just me?

6 Likes

I also like Brooke but agree with you fully. She can read very flatly at times almost as if she’s bored and uninterested.

3 Likes

The DR being interviewed in Melbourne this morning is being very positive about what’s going on, with Karl and Ali doing their best to try and bring in the blame and doom and gloom. I guess both shows are as bad as each other with this stuff.

1 Like

At the bottom of this article it says the times this program will be airing into each state.

Does this mean Today will be live into all states as of tomorrow?

How can Sports Sunday for example be on at 9am in Brisbane when Today goes 10am?

Actually maybe it’s just tomorrow cause of GF day?

2 Likes

Correct.

2 Likes

Daylight savings.

1 Like

I’m aware of that. That was the point behind my post. I thought maybe they were going live with news into Non Daylight states. Which they should.

1 Like

I agree, but they are only live in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide year-round, and Brisbane outside of DST and on special occasions.

1 Like

Now that Sunrise are going local in QLD, Today will have no choice but to do it.

So, who will be the presenter? I’d like to see Jess Millward be given the role.

Or alternatively they go live in QLD.

4:30 - 8am Today
8-10:30 Today Extra
10:30-11:30 Local News

I’d prefer option 1. 8am hour is a little early for Extra. People will still probably want news.

2 Likes