Today

They might just do what they’ve been doing in Perth by getting Karl to host a local insert and speak to TVo or Julie Bishop etc to give local audiences the impression its more WA focused.

1 Like

The other option aside from Jess is Aislin Kriukelis. She has proved that she is more than capable on arvo news for a good number of months covering Alison’s maternity leave, and she is back on mornings now as well.

Or it certainly could be a good opportunity to give some reporters a chance on the desk, and have rotating presenters.

2 Likes

It will be shown live in all states except WA where it will air at the normal time of 7am.

2 Likes

You’d think so but I don’t necessarily agree with this.

If you’re Today, why change your (to this point) winning formula in the state.

Be confident in your own product. Sunrise are the ones who have to chase it, they need to innovate. The leaders for now, do not.

3 Likes

Today should just go live into QLD and do an extra hour for just QLD audiences between 8-9am, when Syd and Melb have gone to Extra.

2 Likes

I don’t think it will be possible / easily done now given that both shows now share the same studio.

2 Likes

Didn’t they do this around 2009-10? IIRC, it didn’t make an impact in the ratings.

2 Likes

Yeah I think it was 09 when they had Heather Ford on news over summer for it.

2 Likes

Full Body Group Shot

11 Likes

In reality how often do things develop as they’re on air - is the effort of doing a live bulletin an hour later worth it if 90% of the time it’s the same content as the previous hour. Would perhaps subbing in live bulletins for the last hour, hosted by Alex from Sydney, be a suitable compromise?

1 Like

Why would he go from Sydney to Melbourne to host an update?

1 Like

Corrected.

2 Likes

Obviously Today hasn’t attempted anything with the QLD market in response to Sunrise going local?

4 Likes

I mean, I’d have been surprised if they did it today. Sunrise only started promoting this on Friday afaik. If they’re going to introduce it, I’d say it’ll start next Monday - or even the week after which gives them time to promote it.

2 Likes

Today has launched a new viewer competition with the top prize including a Toyota Prado, a Jayco caravan and a boat with trailer.

5 Likes

Tuesday 5th October, 2021 -
Thursday 7th October, 2021 .

Charles Croucher filling in for Alex this morning.

8 Likes

I never knew that Pete (as a fill in) and Karl both worked together on the weekday show of ‘Today’ way back in 2015. With Sylvia and Tim.

8 Likes

Probably filling in. He used to host the weekend show if I remember correctly.

4 Likes

Poor Tim; he had to work with three Stefanovics that morning.

4 Likes

His facial expression says it all :wink:

5 Likes