Today

Is Today broadcasting from Brisbane on Wednesday and Thursday?

2 Likes

Looks like Alex will be or Bracey. But not the whole team I believe.

2 Likes

James surely has to be in Brisbane for Wednesday night’s Origin Coverage. That means he can’t be in studio Thursday morning at least.

5 Likes

Tim who was in Cairns, travelled to Karumba today.

2 Likes

Probably will “host” from Brisbane to talk Origin and do sports stories. Alex would step into the chair then.

2 Likes

Love this setup.

11 Likes

Miles better then the opposite side and set up

3 Likes

Too dark for my liking. Also needs fewer angles.

Also seen this morning.

3 Likes

I mentioned how useless Sunrises’ traffic report was this morning regarding a completely blocked motorway not even mentioned.

Today’s wasn’t a lot better. Immediately following a news report of the complete blockage of the Port of Brisbane Motorway the traffic report reported that in audio form only but didn’t include that in their graphics. I would have thought it would warrant a red box and an image in the background.

4 Likes

Nine took traffic in-house and has the opportunity to make it better, alas…

Yeah I agree. The choice of a dark grey edging on the set was an odd one. If anything you’ll think they would go closer to white or wood grain or something? It would make a huge improvement

2 Likes

I thought Bracey was short. Is Sarah also short? Not as short as Peter Dinklage on screen

1 Like

I don’t know about this setup. But it looks plain and out of place compared to Brooke’s Entertainment report segment. It had a great light. Plus the stedi cam has some spacing to work with it.

Alex with sport from Suncorp

4 Likes

No, they took it in house to maximise ad revenue.

1 Like

Isn’t that what I was alluding to?

Bracey is currently in Brisbane, most likely he will be presenting from there tomorrow morning

3 Likes

Wow! Brooke is in Brisbane too?
So could the whole team will be in QLD tomorrow?

1 Like

No, you alluded they could have actually made a useful traffic service.

That’s correct. The key word is could. They could have done anything to traffic.

For example, they could have made it a useful service, but they chose to not improve it.

I’m not disputing that it was taken in house to improve ad revenue, that is a given. I’m just commenting what they could have done.

1 Like