Today (2015-Sept 2020)

karl is the biggest dick is there is he should be fired on the spot . but no nine likes him so lets keep him and lets the rattings tumble there . fml if this was the read world karl would be fired and wouldnt be able to get away with it . so glad i dont watch this garbage any more

How are the Melbourne ratings going? they usually do this when they fall low.

or

Is this a paid advert to come visit Melbourne/Victoria during winter?

Hopefully they have a personalised studio so they can make these visits regularly.

I believe that since Lisa left (or earlier to a lesser extent) have been rather weaker. This often results with the national average falling well below Sunrise.

I believe that they should be doing the show from VIC, either from their Melbourne home or OB, at least once a month until they ratings go back up.

All you need to do is change the set lighting and a today themed backdrop on the curved screen and that’s the set.
Didn’t they do it with Perth’s set?

3 Likes

Hope it stays like that.

1 Like

Any chance a new set could be coming to Sydney? (although I highly doubt it)

1 Like

We probably won’t see a new set for the Today Show until the move to North Sydney. Maybe a fresh coat of paint but nothing major if you ask me.

3 Likes

How long is it until the move?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: If Nine really want a ratings increase in Melbourne for Today, how about how about making a Melbourne presenter a regular part of the team rather than just doing a token week of broadcasts from the city?

For all the faults of Sunrise (and there are many), they’ve got a more national-friendly mix of presenters than Today’s mostly Sydney/Queensland-centric hosts.

I’m pretty sure Nine are moving from Willoughby to North Sydney in 2020 - so around two years from now.

When the time comes, I’m sure the network will be shouting from the rooftop about having “the most advanced broadcasting facilities in the Southern Hemisphere” and (probably) flashy new sets for all programs. In the meantime, I can only see Today getting minor tweaks to their current set in Studio 22 or moving into Studio 21 to save money/switch to automation.

I may be missing something but why does Sunrise have a more national mix of presenters than Today?

Today doesn’t have a VIC presenter but as far as I am aware Sunrise doesn’t have a QLD presenter.

1 Like

Do we have to have affirmative action for state of origin? Why wouldn’t you just employ the best person for the job?

3 Likes

They don;t care about the viewers. They shaft their biggest supporters so the show cant be saved.

The last I checked, most of the presenters on Sunrise were either born in or have strong links to different states.

Fair point about Sunrise not having a Queensland-based presenter though. If Today still wins the ratings in Queensland (I know they did a little while back, not sure about now), then Sunrise should definitely consider bringing in a Queenslander when the next presenting gap opens.

While I definitely agree that the best person for the job should be employed, at the same time it’s entirely appropriate for national breakfast shows to try and have as broad a mix of presenters from different cities/states as possible.

You or I mightn’t particularly care about what city/state a breakfast TV host came from, but there probably are viewers across the country (particularly in the more parochial cities/states) who’d be more likely to watch a particular breakfast show because one of the presenters has a local link.

I think it’s irrelevant to be honest.

1 Like

Tuesday -
Sylvia Jeffreys is in Melbourne at Princes Park in Carlton.

Deb Knight is reading the news.

3 Likes

Today Perth News on 20/6/2018 seems to use a different liveshot rather than the one from Kings Park.

Probably the high fog we have this morning.

Why does Louise attack the in studio guests every morning? It’s so bizzare.

1 Like

What do you mean by her attacking the in-studio guests? I don’t think that I’ve seen such things.

Georgie Gardner’s chainsaw was sent west?

7 Likes