Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I heard it and the audio was Hughesy pretending to be the Stefanovics. Was funny :joy:

2 Likes

For some reason, I’m starting to liking Fordo as a co-host this week

3 Likes

Because he’s not Karl? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No I don’t mind Stefanovic. Sometimes Karlos is good in the mornings and sometimes he’s bad.
It’s all about chemistry with his co-hosts and the Viewers

3 Likes

There’s tension whenever Karl and Georgie are hosting together (not that that happens all that often of late). She just seems more relaxed around Ben. I’m not a Ben fan, and absolutely cannot stand him when he is on at the same time as Karl, but the Ben/Georgie combo somehow works.

5 Likes

To be quite honest, it wouldn’t be overly surprising if Ben Fordham or (probably less likely now) Peter Stefanovic became the new presenter of Today whenever Karl decides that enough is enough with the 2.30am starts. Surely I can’t be the only one who thinks something like this might happen sometime within the next 12-18 months or so?

I reckon Sydneysiders would absolutely love waking up to Ben & Georgie on Today every morning, but am not too sure if the rest of the country would.

If I’m not mistaken, Today have been losing viewers in Melbourne since the Lisa Wilkinson debacle so perhaps it may be wise for Nine to think about incorporating a Victorian into the team when the next presenter gap opens up.

1 Like

Alicia and Georgie perhaps?

3 Likes

Alicia was my fave fill in for Lisa.

2 Likes

But what pays more TV or radio? Ben has young children now too.

I feel like Karl and Georgie’s chemistry was great back in the day but now it’s like they are both two different people who get along for the cameras (no idea how bad it is off air?)

1 Like

God this whole leaked recording thing, apparently New Idea are going to publish what was said from the Uber driver with a “very good memory” so take it with a grain of salt. But the way certain gossip reporters are going on about it is over the top. What I find interesting is in every workplace people vent about others but no ones famous enough to record them and make money off it.

1 Like

Karl isn’t to blame for saying those things about his workmates but Seven is to blame for New Idea publishing them.

I hate that this has become news. To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if this story ends up being more positive than negative for Karl’s image in the same way his ‘drunk after-logies appearance’ was - to the extent that people might feel somewhat sorry for him for having such a lack of privacy to do what every average employee/er would do about their own colleagues/bosses/etc. Just a prediction I guess.

Steve Jacobs has returned to Weekend Today.

2 Likes

Brothers Karl and Pete Stefanovic have publicly apologised after audio of the pair allegedly complaining about their colleagues was secretly recorded by an Uber driver.

https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/03/17/18/30/karl-stefanovic-pete-stefanovic-break-silence-uber-recording

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. and in other news Stevie has split with his wife too. TV must be a punishing job or is it just a magnifying glass of real life where everyone just wants more and have endless options and just gets bored too easy? He probably regrets leaving the weekday show.

1 Like

Just for getting busted?

…by the ‘end of the next week, documents should be filed in court,’ with an understanding that the claims ‘would centre around a breach of contract and privacy’.

Lol Karl. :roll_eyes: Admission of guilt.

Nine, move on and replace this guy. Ben’s ready.

4 Likes

I’ve never been a fan of Ben Fordham but surprisely he has great chemistry with Georgie and l actually enjoyed watching him work with Georgie last week. It did help with them have prior experience working together in recent years filling in hosting together on Today Extra.
Yes the circumstances of the brothers private phone conversation being leaked is wrong, but Karl being in the public eye yet again with negative media attention should be enough for the head honchos at Nine to finally realise he needs to go.
Allegedly in this phone conversation he was also talking about Nine executives that have been in the past supporting him.

5 Likes

In the same way that I personally think David Koch should’ve left Sunrise when Melissa Doyle did, Karl Stefanovic should’ve resigned from Today when Lisa Wilkinson cut her ties with the Nine Network late last year IMO.

That said, Ben Fordham would not be my first pick for a successor to Karl Stefanovic on Today. Aside from the fact that a Ben & Georgie duo would probably be “too Sydney” for a nationally broadcast breakfast TV program, do we really want the new male co-presenter to be a broadcaster who’s strongly associated with the notoriously sensationalist/editorial broadcasting of A Current Affair and 2GB?

1 Like