Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I wonder who you would pick then :joy:

Isn’t Georgie from WA?

It seems that the criteria for the male co-host of commercial breakfast television is to be polarising and controversial- David Koch, Karl Stefanovic, Paul Henry, James Mathieson. Ben Fordham fits that well.

As has been stated above, Ben and Georgie work real well together, almost free of the awkward silences. And that is coming from someone who has always hated Ben.

2 Likes

If I was Mark Calvert, I’d probably want to go for a Melbournian because Today’s ratings in that city have been going South since the Lisa Wilkinson debacle if I’m not mistaken. Although I’m well aware there probably aren’t too many suitable male broadcasters for the role currently in Melbourne who’d want to move up to Sydney.

Yes, that’s correct. But as far as I can tell, Georgie Gardner’s broadcasting career has been predominately based in Sydney/NSW.

She also doesn’t seem to make mention about her upbringing and career in WA compared to Nat from Sunrise. So she is probably more recognised in NSW compared to WA

3 Likes

Nine told The Australian there is no lawsuit, and if there were to be one The Australian understands “that any lawsuit would need to be instigated by the person who booked the Uber — believed to be Peter Stefanovic or Jeffreys” his wife. Supposedly Karl Stefanovic couldn’t file any legal action against Uber for breach of contract as he didn’t book the ride.

Ah spoke too soon, Sylvia is on location this morning in Victoria.

2 Likes

Deb Knight is presenting news this morning

3 Likes

Sylvia Jeffreys is live in Cobden covering the VIC bushfires for Today this morning.

Natalia is presenting the weather in the studio this morning.

1 Like

The New Idea website has part of the interview with the Uber driver, the rest is in the trashy magazine.

!

6 Likes

5 Likes

Karl is wrong for saying that Georgie should stop “sitting on the fence” and voice her opinions. Their job is to report the news with some comments not force their opinions down the throats of viewers.

Not a good look slamming 60 Minutes or Peter saying he hates his job.

4 Likes

Georgie Gardner calling Karl Stefanovic pathetic.

8 Likes

IMG_20180319_074936

1 Like

Given that it’s the “word” of someone who can supposedly recall details of a conversation some time after the event, and given those “details” appear in a piece of trash like No Idea, I’m inclined to take these “revelations” with an Uluru-sized grain of salt.

I think that says much more about how ridiculously (childishly) parochial some Australians can be than anything else. If people actually choose to watch a show based on what state its presenters hail from - and how much they go on about being from that state (Stefanovic being one especially irritating example) - that’s pretty damned pathetic IMO. The ability of a person is infinitely more relevant than where they come from.

1 Like

Georgie spot on as always :joy:

5 Likes

It’s a horrible look to have this playing out in studio on 9, while all presenters are out in the field covering the fires on 7.

News presenter Sylvia Jeffreys was in Victoria this morning.

Today ended at the usual time while Sunrise is an extended edition this morning.

4 Likes

I understand how it looks, but in my opinion it’s much more efficient, and nicer to watch, with main hosts in the studio and reporters on the ground. Sam and Kochie trying to host the show via two way boxes wasn’t always that smooth.

3 Likes