Today (2015-Sept 2020)

https://www.3aw.com.au/stefanovics-phone-recording-has-a-buyer/

First I heard about it :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Itā€™s really such a weird story. IF it was in fact an Uber, Pete would have this guys details on his app and can legally go after him not pay him off right? media beating this up so muchā€¦ The whole thing about Karl giving Peter career advice seems weird too, like wouldnā€™t they have had this conversation many times? unless either was drunk.

Apparently so. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

It was one of the best OB Today has done in a while IMO, especially the first 30 mins. With Dickie arriving after 6, it was only Georgie and Karl there, so it didnā€™t feel like Dickie or Tim were the third wheel.

I think on Sundays, they still need to have Jayne sit on the right-side of the desk, next Allison. Wendy used to do it, and it makes the studio change more seamless across the weekend.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Happening sooner than we think?

1 Like

The story is behind a pay wall. Has anybody seen the details? What have they said about Georgie Gardner?

The story has no details at all, the Annette Sharp headline is a flat out lie. The only thing in the story relevant to what is on the recording is: ā€œreportedly discusses ongoing grievances about working with his new co-anchor Gardnerā€, which tells us nothing much.

Everything that viper writes is normally vile anyway.!

1 Like

I genuinely wonder if Annette Sharp auditioned but was rejected for a TV presenting role during her time at the Nine Network in the 1990s where she was a publicist before becoming a newspaper gossip columnistā€¦

1 Like

The talk about crisis meetings amongst news management is intriguing. Canā€™t see this being good for Peterā€™s career.

3 Likes

Indeed.
Some of this stuff might not matter to us but itā€™ll ruffle the feathers of those working on Today, 60 Minutes and Nine management.

Whether Nine bought the recording or someone else did, I think itā€™s bound to all come out eventually.

2 Likes

The Daily Telegraph story has now been changed, with Sharp writing that Nine News executives Darren Wick, Mark Calvert and Kirsty Thomson are also allegedly mentioned in the recording.

how the F would she know? She has had a vandetta on Karl for quite some time, Did he turn her down?

I always thought the biggest danger to this year would be something that Karl does or says in his personal life that sees the media and public turn on him. I thought it might be something to do with his upcoming (or is that recent?) marriage or ex-wife, so this is a surprise, actually something that might be related to his professional career.

Was this after she auditioned to host a radio show with Jackie O & to Co-host Weekend Sunrise with Aā€™OK.

She is bitter, at least when Ros Reines wrote this crap she did it with humor

1 Like

Probably before that. From the info I can gather, Annette Sharp was a publicist/advertising manager at Nine from 1991 to 1998.

In 1999 she became a columnist for The Sun Herald before defecting to The Daily/Sunday Telegraph for a similar role there in Late 2008.

Sharp is an expert on Stefanovic but never watches him on television. Maybe she will stop writing about him too. :thinking:

7 Likes

Hughesy & Kate on KIIS Network briefly tooted that they had the audio of Karl and Peteā€™s phone call and were going to air it this afternoon. Can anyone confirm if itā€™s legit.

1 Like

Not legit, as theyā€™re now on the Hit Network.

8 Likes