Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I wonder who actually reads this stuff :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The Daily Mail are only good for rehashed stories from sites that have paywalls lol

But you can see the last page of that stack of papers is for a signature so a contract. and if this is the start of her new hosting role then I don’t think she realizes how fanatic DM are about breakfast TV show hosts and their personal lives now, let’s hope they leave GG alone like they did Lisa before her defecting.

3 Likes

I agree. All hell would break loose if she hosted Today on a permanent basis.

1 Like

@lepatron Looks like you are onto something.

Mod. edit: Ratings info removed. Posting ratings information detailing performance of programs outside the top 20 is in breach of our agreement with OzTAM.

5 Likes

Maybe that’s a sign that the new co-host (or co-hosts) of Today needs to be someone who isn’t a Sydneysider to appeal to the viewers who live in the other four capital cities + regional Australia.

Sunrise has a fairly broad mix of presenters from different states and the Nine-loving market that is Sydney will probably continue to watch Today regardless…so do it Nine!

1 Like

I’m not inclined to believe anything at all in the Terrorgraph and the Fail is, incredibly, even trashier and more unbelievable, but if true this would be great. GG is a class act and would go a long way toward offsetting the major irritant that is Stefanovic for this viewer.

It remains to be seen, of course, but either GG or Deborah Knight would be fine by me.

I remember Georgie used to do 4 days a week news reading at one point too. Deb used to do either Mondays or Fridays so it wouldn’t be uncommon to them both and its sort of a point of distinction to Sunrise. They then need to sort out their weekend team and stick to it.

1 Like

I thought Sunrise had been winning Melbourne for a while now, not something that had just happened.

I believe it was when Deb (and before that Amber Sherlock and Alicia Loxley filled in the same role) did WT news as well as Today news on Monday while GG did Today news Tuesday-Friday and Sydney news Friday and Saturday.

The Australian is also claiming that Gardner is joining as host, republishing one of the Daily Mail photos stating she was “carrying what appears to be an employment contract”. Nine put Stefanovic and Gardner through “a series of recent chemistry meetings” with Marks and Wick observing. They must have passed the tests.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/cohost-to-match-karl-by-george/news-story/16894bdde3880c11a2fd198e448e17ec

Seven years on-air together wasn’t chemistry test enough?

I’m more concerned about how the Georgie/Sylvia relationship will shake out. Georgie can be quite brutal on-air with people she doesn’t like or when things go wrong, hopefully she will be able to let go a bit in this role.

8 Likes

Amelia Adams is reading news this morning, Sylvia is having a day off she worked on Telethon in Brisbane on Saturday.

6 Likes

IIRC, Sunrise started to win in Melbourne when Sylvia started. However, my understanding was that Today was winning most days/weeks in Melb before Lisa left.

Georgie only dropped a day when she replaced Mark Ferguson on the 6pm News in Sydney. Anyway, it won’t be a distinction from Sunrise, in fact quick an alignment if Georgie/Deb job-share, as Kochie is likely to work Monday-Thursday next year.

Yeah, I am not sure where this rift is coming from. I think Karl and Georgie have great chemistry, similar to Nat and Kochie. Yes, she won’t take no shit from him but I think that it is funny as seen here:

I too, am not sure about Sylvia( I think she will continue to look out of place with Lisa’s replacement). I think she has only worked occasionally with Georgie, when she filled in on the Sydney News’ weather.

Nice to have Amelia on board. It has been a while.

2 Likes

I think the last time she presented the news on Today was way back in 2014 on the summer edition just before maternity leave.

7 Likes

Congratulations to Jayne Azzopardi who announced that she is engaged.

7 Likes

Amelia Adams reading Today’s news today!

4 Likes

Sylvia is now off sick

2 Likes

Not happy she is not getting the hosting role. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Very bad at at too.

Daily mail will be saying she’s pregnant because of her absence this week. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes