Today (2015-Sept 2020)

[quote=“nationalnews, post:71, topic:101, full:true”]

Nat was there for the 2010 relaunch.

[quote=“Travis, post:72, topic:101”]
Nat was there for the 2010 relaunch.
[/quote] I don’t think she was there for the rehearsals, which I was addressing, on the weekend. Happy to be corrected though.

I think TODAY tried to be clever by putting a curb in the 2 year at least wait for a relaunch of Sunrise with the announcement of Today Extra. However, Sunrise have thrown that trick right back in their face, with rumours of Eddy joining Sam, Nat, Kochie and Beretts at the desk and of a new weather presenter (Andrew Morley). Truly, I am more intrigued by what Sunrise is going to dish up, even though I haven’t watched them fully for close to two months, than what’s ahead for TODAY. TODAY has disappointed me too many times with minor relaunches, wrong presenters replacing others. I will be watch with interest for both but I am waiting for Feb 1 for Sunrise and TMS.

Lisa on instagram: “That’s it, holiday over. Karl & I are back!!! See you from 5.30 tomorrow on @thetodayshow for what’s going to be a huge year. #today9

Absolutely nothing about a relaunch tomorrow. The only person saying its tomorrow is TV Tonight and they could just be assuming. Will be interesting to see if anything happens in the morning.

3 Likes

I am now not going to support my earlier predicament of a relaunch tomorrow but Feb 8 or later. What show would launch a new set and then do an OB the next day? Surely not. We’ll have to wait and see.

what show would bring back the two main anchors then launch a new look 2 or so weeks later?

Be watching Nine at 7pm too for Tracy’s return… likely changes there too from what I’ve heard.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like it will be this morning.

1 Like

Nah I think we can safely say Today is not the day for Today.

2 Likes

Proving TV Tonight just made it up.

1 Like

how so?

Nine’s own release back on October 28 said

TODAY

Australia’s longest running breakfast show,Today, hosted by Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson, will be back with a fresh new look for 2016.

Right - emphasis on the word BACK.

Karl and Lisa are BACK today. The whole normal team is BACK today.

I would think it would be safe to assume that if that were the case, the “fresh new look” would be as well.

1 Like

But no specific date.

It’s not a big deal but it just proves unless you are given specifics by networks then you shouldn’t publish stuff like that.

2 Likes

Lisa Wilkinson was awarded a MEMBER (AM) IN THE GENERAL DIVISION in the Australia Day honours “for significant service to the print and broadcast media as a journalist and presenter, and to a range of youth and women’s health groups.”

3 Likes

Natalia Cooper said on twitter she is returning to Weekend Today this weekend,but didn’t say if she is on weather or hosting duties.
Cam should be back from holidays?
Any idea who the first guest host will be?

1 Like

Received confirmation yesterday that Today will be relaunching on February 8.

4 Likes

So first Monday of the ratings year?

1 Like

@Read_It_First where did you read that.
Tv tonight said this week that its Monday feb 1st

Didn’t read it. Was personally told by a VERY reliable source.
Don’t have high hopes either. Yes it is a new look for the show but not as extensive as Sunrise.

4 Likes

Natalia Cooper hosting with Peter Stefanovic this weekend.

2 Likes

Congratulations to Deb who gave birth to her 3rd child last night.

8 Likes

Today changed up their 5.30 news hit this morning too doing it as they normally do the 7am hit with all three anchors doing stories.

1 Like