Today (2015-Sept 2020)

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:33, topic:101”]
Meanwhile, WEEKEND TODAY’S Cameron Williams will be joined by a variety of guest hosts throughout the year including Peter Stefanovic, Natalia Cooper, Jayne Azzopardi and Amelia Adams, with Deborah Knight going on maternity leave this weekend.
[/quote] So will Weekend Today be more like Today Extra and Mornings than Today? Sounds like it. That will be a different take on for Weekend Sunrise that is for sure. Weird, Weird Weird.[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:33, topic:101”]
Also returning for 2016 is the hugely popular … The Block of Cash
[/quote] I am surprised Blocky hasn’t been told to BLOCK off! Just a gimmick of the Cash Cow on Sunrise.

[quote=“Salty, post:37, topic:101, full:true”]
So with Deb heading off on maternity leave this weekend we have a array of guest hosts joining Cam,my personal preference would have been to have a permanent fill -in.Jayne Azzopardi is a up-coming talent and with this opportunity as one of the guest hosts,l hope it leads to a permanent role at the network down the track.
[/quote] Salty, I think by that press release I interpret that Weekend Today will be more like Today Extra/Mornings than Sunrise, Weekend Sunrise and Today. So maybe on the weekend there will be no more weather or sport updates, a brief news hit… Not sure.

So Deb last weekend is on Sunday or will she begin maternity leave as of Friday?[quote=“Wade, post:36, topic:101, full:true”]
Wow none of us saw that one coming. Not sure if I like the idea though
[/quote] That’s for sure. It is really weird. The weekday TODAY seems fine but the rest is a bit whacky. Weekend Sunrise and Studio 10 for me! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Today Extra has more regular news updates but apart from that, the content remaining much the same as it is now. I doubt that either the “main” Today Show or Weekend Today will have any particularly major content changes.

I agree, it would be nice to see Jayne Azzopardi (who if you ask me, is one of the best reporters on Nine News Sydney) in a permanent presenting role sometime in the future. She’s definitely a rising star! :grinning:

1 Like

NBN was ahead of the game, we had Today Extra from 9am for years :smiley:

2 Likes

@nationalnews l don’t believe we will see any changes to the content of 'Weekend Today, the press release is just stating the hosting change with Deb on maternity leave.
Judging from press release it sounds like to me Deb will start maternity leave after Sundays show this weekend.

EDIT-Deb confirmed on twitter Sunday is her last show.

1 Like

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:43, topic:101”]
I wouldn’t be surprised if Today Extra has more regular news updates but apart from that, the content remaining much the same as it is now. I doubt that either the “main” Today Show or Weekend Today will have any particularly major content changes.
[/quote] You can’t tell me that Extra will be more or equally serious as Today with Sonia Kruger hosting! Not too keen on the idea, would have preferred a brand new morning show, but won’t judge- yet![quote=“Salty, post:45, topic:101”]
Judging from press release it sounds like to me Deb will start maternity leave after Sundays show this weekend.
[/quote] Thanks, and is going to be missed. I assume Peter Stefanovic will now become the main fill-in for Georgie on 6PM News.

[quote=“Salty, post:45, topic:101”]
l don’t believe we will see any changes to the content of 'Weekend Today, the press release is just stating the hosting change with Deb on maternity leave.
[/quote] It just sounds really strange. Pete and Cam hosting, booooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrinnnngg!!! Permanent is definitely the way to go. Wendy or Natalia would have been just fine.

2 Likes

Probably for a different thread but I agree that we’re most likely to see Peter Stefanovic become Nine News Sydney’s third in line (after Pete & GG, of course) presenter while Deborah Knight is on Maternity Leave. We’ll probably see him present bulletins around Easter or when Peter Overton and/or Georgie Gardner go on their mid-year breaks, for instance.

1 Like

So are we expecting Today’s new set on Monday or Feb 8?

To be quite honest, I think there’s a chance that Today’s new look might launch on either of those two Mondays. February 8 is of course the obvious pick to coincide with the (re)launch of Today Extra, but I certainly don’t think that next Monday can be ruled out either.

Chance of Today and Sunrise both relaunching on February 1: 0% I reckon.

1 Like

We might know during Weekend Today on Sunday perhaps

And the new late bulletin will be called “Today Tonight”.

9 Likes

Isn’t there a chance the ‘set change’ will just be a change to the projection to match the new graphics?

Maybe early news bulletin could be called Earlier Today :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

[quote=“SA_TV, post:52, topic:101, full:true”]
Isn’t there a chance the ‘set change’ will just be a change to the projection to match the new graphics?
[/quote] Possibly, they might keep the large plasma video screen behind Karl and Lisa but that would be it. The soft set, the kitchen and the wooden sections are all from the 2012 look.

Yeah…I think that there’s the possibility that Nine might keep the large video screen and incorporate that into the new set. Those things aren’t cheap and if it still works properly, it may as well be used.

Is the kitchen a fully operating one or just a display-only one for TV? If it’s the former, there’s probably a chance that element might be kept as well!

Or “Yesterday” :wink:

1 Like

Confirmation on TV Tonight this morning that all elements of the new look/s of the shows will start on Monday:

"Nine’s morning presenters Karl Stefanovic, Lisa Wilkinson, Sonia Kruger & David Campbell return on Monday -with Mornings to be rebranded as Today Extra.

Today, Today Extra and Weekend Today will all unveil new sets next week."

TV Tonight has no idea. Sonia and David aren’t back on Monday, they are back two weeks later. Also, how can Today Extra have a new set next week when the shows not back on air. Not saying Today won’t have a new set on Monday, just saying part of the article is wrong.

3 Likes

That article doesn’t really say anything more than what we already know.

In any case, somehow I wouldn’t be terribly surprised to see changes to the presentation of all programs in the Nine News/Current Affairs portfolio over coming weeks. Perhaps such changes could be considered to be “Phase 2” of a branding relaunch of the entire Nine Network (with a “Phase 1” obviously being the general channel branding changes/launches that happened late last year)?

[quote=“David, post:58, topic:101, full:true”]
TV Tonight has no idea. Sonia and David aren’t back on Monday, they are back two weeks later. Also, how can Today Extra have a new set next week when the shows not back on air. Not saying Today won’t have a new set on Monday, just saying part of the article is wrong
[/quote] I know, I contacted them this morning informing them that they are wrong and that there is no confirmation of new sets on Monday. However, when I went back in, it was still the same.[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:55, topic:101”]
Is the kitchen a fully operating one or just a display-only one for TV? If it’s the former, there’s probably a chance that element might be kept as well!
[/quote] The kitchen has an oven and hot plates I believe, , IIRC from 2012. 2015, they slowly removed the kitchen, as seen on Weekend Today and replaced it with panels. On occasions it reappears.

1 Like