Today Tonight

Found this closer from 2005. This set must be a temporary one as Anna Coren presented the show from Sydney’s Martin Place studios while Naomi Robson was on holidays.

3 Likes

They had full replica sets in both Sydney and Melbourne at the time.

3 Likes

I see. I also recall an image of the then-temporary Seven News desk at Martin Place where you could also see part of the TT set on the left. All this would’ve been before the twisted metal set was introduced in Sydney in early 2005.

I’m thinking the Sydney replica must’ve been a back-up in case Naomi (who continued to host out of Melbourne at this time) was away, in which case they could utilise the Sydney set.

1 Like

Correct. They also did this the other way around when Anna was in Melbourne presenting.

2 Likes

On the flipside, did Naomi ever travel to/present the show from Sydney during the five or six years that we got her edition of Today Tonight?

Yes, several times.

1 Like

I also remember she presented the show from Bali on the day Schapelle Corby was sentenced to 20 years in prison for smuggling drugs into the country, and from the Sunshine Coast when Steve Irwin died.

1 Like

Assisted by a lizard.

12 Likes

And dressed in khaki

7 Likes

she also traveled up to Brisbane on a number of occasions too

2 Likes

I have also managed to find this gem from 2002 - Melissa Doyle presenting Today Tonight before it was merged into the Victorian edition then hosted by Naomi Robson.

I reckon this must’ve been from January 2002, as one of the stories featured tennis player Mark Philippoussis, and could’ve been around the time of the 2002 Australian Open (at which both men’s top seeds, including Lleyton Hewitt, lost in the first round).

Also notice the end of Seven News Sydney presented by Ross Symonds and Ann Sanders from the “blue television wall” set introduced that month (and later into Brisbane).

6 Likes

Credit YouTube/Chris Pyke

Who is this presenter filling in for Naomi Robson?

5 Likes

Anne Fulwood.

Didn’t know she ever presented Today Tonight.

5 Likes

Another instance when the fill-in presenter is better than the regular and the content.

2 Likes

I also remember once Jennifer Keyte presenter TT upon her return to the Seven Network in 2003.

5 Likes

Is she still around? Haven’t seen her on air in years (note in Sydney).

1 Like

I remember Anne had appeared on Studio 10 a couple of times a few years ago but apart from that I don’t think she’s been on television since.

3 Likes

She’s rarely seen these days

Well it’s now been one year since the Adelaide edition was axed.

2 Likes

And the Perth edition.

2 Likes