Today Extra

Today Extra won Monday by 5,000 over The Morning Show. Today Extra Late also beat The Morning Show Extra.

2 Likes

Given all these wins Today Extra has been recording recently, you’d wonder why they’re letting go of Belinda at the end of this week so Sylvia can come back. I think Sylvia could be redeployed elsewhere on the network to allow Belinda to continue fronting this program.

2 Likes

Or maybe Belinda can join DC & SJ.

1 Like

Tarsh turn off factor?

Err, because Sylvia deserves her job back after she went on maternity leave. Would be a terrible look for the network if she was sidelined for Belinda, who can still fill in as needed on the show and across Today, Weekend Today and Nine News.

4 Likes

Sylvia can easily be accommodated elsewhere. As others have said in this thread, Belinda has breathed new life into the role and is perfect for it. David and Belinda have fantastic chemistry, and not to mention that they’re reaching the younger demographic with their weekly TikTok dances.

2 Likes

That’s not how it works.

Belinda may well be the preferred option for the show, but Sylvia was appointed the original co-host of the show and she’s since gone on maternity leave and is returning.

Now is not the right time to change up the hosting line-up for the show, no matter how many viewers Belinda gets on her Tik Tok videos :roll_eyes:

They could always go back to the previous arrangement with Sylvia on 4 days a week and Belinda 1 day a week. Best of both worlds and last time they implemented this the ratings were fairly stable IIRC.

1 Like

Agreed! Its better if the ratings go down, after Belinda helped build them up.

If the ratings decline now over the next few months with Sylvia back as co host, then changes will be made. Its stupid, but how this old boys game works.

I also wanted point to whoever it was sorry it wont link to the comment, nine have shafted co hosts before, like a certian co host who went on maternity leave then eventually got replaced by Lisa on Today. Also a former Today weather presenter was shafted after maternity leave, but still kept in a floating role with the network, so it does happen

Nothing that do with it at all, it’s a fair work condition for any woman who goes on maternity leave and should be able to return to the same role.

This should be reason enough as to why it’s not a good idea and hopefully they’ve learnt from this.

3 Likes

I know that, but from an advertisers position and a networks position there are many ways around this scenario. I would feel the same way if a man was returning from parental leave. Its whats best for the show.

They can easily keep her at her salary and give her something else to do. I have said it before, they need to rework the whole weekend today and have her as the sole anchor with co hosts around her - ratings are up at the moment but weekend today could really use someone like Sylvia to drive it

1 Like

Looks like another pretty big win for Extra yesterday.

2 Likes

There was a tie yesterday.

The Late/Extra portion was won by Extra but that was the NSW Media conference - with 70% of the audience in Sydney.

2 Likes

She’s back on Monday.
Here’s the full clip

5 Likes

Sylvia Jeffreys’ first day back.

9 Likes

Belinda will be back on Friday’s.

9 Likes

Nice to know we will still get both of them

2 Likes

Not only did Today beat Sunrise, Today Extra Beat The Morning Show (by 2k). Today Extra Late and TMS Extra then tied.

4 Likes

Consecutive win for Today Extra, 5k ahead on Thursday. Today Extra Late was 25k ahead of The Morning Show Extra.

4 Likes

Belinda Russell is presenting The Briefing podcast via Listnr today with Tom Tilley.

Keeping busy now she is only on Today Extra once a week now.

3 Likes

Today Extra and The Morning show tied yesterday. TMS Extra beat Today Extra Late - both at the time showing news from Melbourne.

2 Likes