Today Extra

No, from Feb 2019

No.

The show had a rare win yesterday

4 Likes

Also, Today show was 4,000 behind Sunrise.

Sylvia must be due back soon.

It will be such a shame. Nothing at all against Sylvia but Belinda has made the show her own. Sheā€™s just perfect for it.

Canā€™t Sylvia do Fri/Sat weather in Sydney and Weekend Today?

Anything to keep Belinda on Today Extra.

12 Likes

If I were Nine, I would put Sylvia on Weekend Today with Charles Croucher.

6 Likes

To be completely honest, Iā€™m surprised Sylvia is still at Nine. I wouldā€™ve thought sheā€™d left for a fresh start somewhere else by now after the Today Show exodus.

Maybe if sheā€™s returning soon she can takeover the daytime bulletins in Davina Smithā€™s absence to allow Belinda to stay on Today Extra.

1 Like

They would need to find something for Sylvia that is either an equal role or promotion - I donā€™t think a daytime bulletin or weather cuts it.

News on Today and Alex on Sport?

3 Likes

When is Davina coming back? Anyone know?

@David that could be interesting

Some viewers already struggle to tell Ally and Sylvia apart - imagine the meltdown if they were on together!

1 Like

I think having Sylvia on with Karl still in the mix creates and will show the relatiinship and closeness between the two that could see Ally as the third wheelā€¦that wouldnt work imo especially if shes not the main female co host

2 Likes

Fair enough. Just chucking around ideas.

2 Likes

I personally would like to see Sylvia front weekend today. Still gives her something meaty in terms of a role but more importantly doesnt alter any of the week day roles on today and today extra

3 Likes

Mel Doyle narrating a new series for 9. Wonder how long before we see her fronting a morning show on the network?

Is it for Nine or ITV? Thereā€™s a massive difference.

Maybe as a one off but I cant see her doing it again on a regular basis. Its overcrowded as it is with the list of fill ins and those wanting these sorts of roles. And why would she want to go backwards

2 Likes

Itā€™s for ITV, but Nine has bought the Australian broadcast rights. She will be on Nine, but she is not working for Nine.

3 Likes

Another win for Today Extra by 3,000 on Thursday with Today Extra Late 10k ahead of the Morning Show Extra as well.

3 Likes