Today Extra

For only 3 days a week.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s like what they did to Dickie & DC last year.

They could keep it like that in the long run. David and Belinda are a fantastic duo.

3 Likes

Melissa Singer (ie; someone who works in Nine’s newspaper division) interviewing Sylvia Jeffreys (ie; someone from Nine’s TV division) about returning to a program aired by their parent company’s TV station. Ah, there’s nothing quite like a cross-promotional interview!

1 Like

Screenshot_20200719-181926~2

6 Likes

This was a bit of an unfortunate comment to let slip before breaking news in relation to the pandemic, the timing couldn’t have been worse.

5 Likes

Eh, non event.

1 Like
2 Likes

Monday, July 27th:
She’s back!

2 Likes

3 Likes

That split screen crossing between shows really highlights how bad that screen is in the smaller studio, looks awful.

3 Likes

You beat me to it. That is shocking.

2 Likes

Monday 17 August-

Richard Wilkins is hosting with Sylvia this morning.

4 Likes

Does anyone else think Belinda should cohost permanently? She comes across a bit more natural and warm than Sylvia imo

4 Likes

Agree.

I reckon Sylvia should go to Weekend Today and co-host alongside David Campbell, with Jayne on news, Bec Maddern on sport, and Lauren on weather.

Then Today Extra would be Belinda, alongside David 3 days a week and Richard Wilkins 2 days a week.

Natalia Cooper can then do Sydney’s weather on a Friday and Saturday.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought this about 6 months ago, but Belinda is a far better host than Sylvia!

3 Likes

Belinda shone in the role as soon as she was introduced to it.

1 Like

Today Extra had a very rare, albeit narrow, win over The Morning Show on Monday for the 9am-11am section of the show.

It was helped by Today posting its highest audience since Easter.

5 Likes

Wow, was that the first time they’ve won against TMS since they won the week back in March 2016? Or do they win the odd day here and there?